Verizon Apple iPad available October 28th

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Darkseider is correct in his assessment. If it arrives, and that's a BIG if, it wont happen until the full rollout of LTE no sooner.

Sent from my Droid

Darkseider

Reaction score
"WSJ has to keep up their reputation, I doubt their report was erroneous...."

Is this the same WSJ that has a reputation for spewing BS?

Verizon iPhone arriving in September, says WSJ ? Cell Phones & Mobile Device Technology News & Updates | Geek.com

Ooh wait. Can it be they have the same sources as USA Today that said 2009?

Apple and Verizon consider iPhone deal - USATODAY.com

OR maybe.. JUST MAYBE the only person here making any sense is me? Ever think of that? When both VZW and AT&T have their LTE implementations live and have a broad coverage area, 2012, is when you will see a VZW iPhone. No sooner, no later.

How does that make sense?
Did AT&T have 3g when the first iPhone shipped? (yes) Did the iPhone? (no)

You would think an AT&T employee would've remembered that......

I rest my case.

Thank you for proving my point. Apple DID NOT re-engineer their phone that year. They did for the next iteration a YEAR later. Will VZW have LTE this year and next YES. Will AT&T? NO. Good God what part of it isn't coming in 2011 don't you get? Apple does not and WILL NOT re-engineer a product through half of its' cycle. Apple WILL NOT introduce a separate product line into the mobile market halfway through its' cycle. Apple WILL NOT support, produce or in any way entertain two separate product lines in a domestic market when ONE product will work in 2012. This is what Apple is and this is what they have done, do and will continue to do for a LONG LONG time.

supremekizzle

Reaction score
Have any of you played with an iphone or ipad? I think they're beautiful and android really needs to step up in the UI and graphics departments to stand a chance. We all know that android preforms better when it comes to productivity, but then again we care about what our phone can do. Android now needs to work on being "pretty" like the iphone is. Seriously my D1 is ugly, this thing is a brick that doesn't look very good. I hear that google has hired someone to work on the UI, let's just hope they're good. Now motorola needs to nab some industrial designers and we'll be in business. Till that happens I'm probably going to ditch my droid for a much better iphone.

droid_mike

Reaction score
Have any of you played with an iphone or ipad? I think they're beautiful and android really needs to step up in the UI and graphics departments to stand a chance. We all know that android preforms better when it comes to productivity, but then again we care about what our phone can do. Android now needs to work on being "pretty" like the iphone is. Seriously my D1 is ugly, this thing is a brick that doesn't look very good. I hear that google has hired someone to work on the UI, let's just hope they're good. Now motorola needs to nab some industrial designers and we'll be in business. Till that happens I'm probably going to ditch my droid for a much better iphone.

So, then, you DON'T care what your phone can do. Make up your mind. do you want something pretty, or a phone that can actually DO stuff... You can't even get a decent web browser on an iPhone.

Darkseider

Reaction score

Holy contradiction Batman! Android performs better and is more productive yet the iPhone is "prettier" so you will ditch your more productive Android handset for a prettier less productive iPhone? WOW! I thought playing in traffic blindfolded was a dumb thing to do! You sir take the cake. Really and truly I have seen the future of mankind from this one post. I have just lost faith in humanity AGAIN. :icon_eek:

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I have just lost faith in humanity AGAIN. :icon_eek:

LOL! I think we participated in a similar debate involving the popularity over less powerful, less capable Android phones versus the higher end, developer friendly ones. The fact of the matter is, the majority of the world are just ordinary consumers who go about their day to day routine, avoiding as many of life's little conflicts as possible.

The iPhone sells because it's simple. People like being told what to do; they like hearing a limited set of options, and they prefer not to have to problem solve or be innovative. You can see this in most applications and not just phones. It's all quite logical but I too am baffled when I see posts about people turning in their top of the line Droid phone for a phone whose product line has been out longer and yet released a phone with antenna issues, correcting it with a cover??

I'm no fanboy; I think the iPhone and Android phones can both be great but you have to wonder sometimes what is going through the mind of your typical Apple user...

eryck22

Reaction score
Darkseider; Thank you for proving my point. Apple DID NOT re-engineer their phone that year. They did for the next iteration a YEAR later. Will VZW have LTE this year and next YES. Will AT&T? NO. Good God what part of it isn't coming in 2011 don't you get? Apple does not and WILL NOT re-engineer a product through half of its' cycle. Apple WILL NOT introduce a separate product line into the mobile market halfway through its' cycle. Apple WILL NOT support said:
ALL from an AT&T insider, money rules my friend. There is billions to be had here, it will be out whether you think so or not. But then again it sounds like you are Jobs right hand man, did you get promoted? No one knows but Jobs and VZW, if they can make it work they will, no company will continue to lose out on an untapped resource worth billions just to wait for 4G network. They will do what is the Apple model, release something someone wants "vPhone" then release the 4G version with a volume button and make millions hand over fist again the following year. The year after that they will release a version with a dual flash and make money hand over fist again.

Darkseider

Reaction score

I'm no fanboy; I think the iPhone and Android phones can both be great but you have to wonder sometimes what is going through the mind of your typical Apple user...

my guess is something along the lines of .... "baaaaa, baaaa" or however sheep speak :)

ROFLMAO!!! :icon_ laughup::icon_ laughup::icon_ laughup::icon_ rofl::icon_ rofl::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Darkseider

Reaction score

LOL! I think we participated in a similar debate involving the popularity over less powerful, less capable Android phones versus the higher end, developer friendly ones. The fact of the matter is, the majority of the world are just ordinary consumers who go about their day to day routine, avoiding as many of life's little conflicts as possible.

The iPhone sells because it's simple. People like being told what to do; they like hearing a limited set of options, and they prefer not to have to problem solve or be innovative. You can see this in most applications and not just phones. It's all quite logical but I too am baffled when I see posts about people turning in their top of the line Droid phone for a phone whose product line has been out longer and yet released a phone with antenna issues, correcting it with a cover??

Yes indeed we did. To this day I cannot for the life of me understand people like that. Why would anyone turn down a device that has MORE potential for one that has less. Even if they were to never use said potential the fact that it remains available to them if they so choose to is still there. Instead they opt for the lesser, read iPhone, in order to gain some type of social status or because its' prettier.

On a separate note I have just finished converting my entire household to an x86-FREE environment. Everything is PPC, ARM, Cell and Alpha based now. The ONLY thing that is going to kill my head is the Logitech Revue which has that damned Atom processor in it... GRRRRRR :icon_evil:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes you are right all apple users are mindless zombies who are numb to the world. But you as an Android user are just so super tech savvy and you have all the right answers to everything. We should all bow before you in awe and amazement. We should deliver you fruit baskets and flower bouquets because clearly you carry all knowledge. I don't mind a good apple joke here and there but sometimes it goes too far. You realize you make yourself out to be a million times worse than the fanboys when you say stuff like that. I guess I will never understand the hatred. Oh well sorry for my little rant. These apple threads can never remain civil.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes you are right all apple users are mindless zombies who are numb to the world. But you as an Android user are just so super tech savvy and you have all the right answers to everything. We should all bow before you in awe and amazement. We should deliver you fruit baskets and flower bouquets because clearly you carry all knowledge. I don't mind a good apple joke here and there but sometimes it goes too far. You realize you make yourself out to be a million times worse than the fanboys when you say stuff like that. I guess I will never understand the hatred. Oh well sorry for my little rant. These apple threads can never remain civil.
It was sarcasm... I think you took it too literally, at least my post about the sheep.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It was sarcasm... I think you took it too literally, at least my post about the sheep.
I try to take it as sarcasm but these threads always seem to go in the same direction and it just gets under my skin for some reason. Not much really does get under my skin but this topic for some reason gets to me every time. I can't tell who is being serious and who isn't sometimes, well obviously because I don't have my internet sarcasm plug-in installed on my macbook (I hear those only come with windows based machines)