Verizon and Motorola Schedule Droid Press Event on October 27th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-2-oct-27.jpg

Here's a hot story we didn't get to from late yesterday. Verizon and Motorola have scheduled a Droid press event for October 27th. Of course, we fully expect to see both the new Droid Turbo 2 and the Droid MAXX 2. The event will be held in New York, and we will share more details (like the specific time) as the event draws closer.

Of course, we will also be covering the event in real-time from here in the office, so be sure to stay tuned for the exciting reveal!

Here are links to both of our dedicated sections for these phones:

squeak

Reaction score
I just want to know of the Turbo 2 will be waterproof. That's the tipping point for me.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I just want to know of the Turbo 2 will be waterproof. That's the tipping point for me.
That would be a great feature but I haven't seen anything saying it will. Water-resistant maybe but not proof.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was really disappointed with last droid turbo. Hope moto learned on it's mistake.

squeak

Reaction score
That would be a great feature but I haven't seen anything saying it will. Water-resistant maybe but not proof.
I think it would be a great idea to market the Moto X Force as a rugged flagship with an unbreakable display and waterproof housing. With wireless charging so you don't need to fumble with flaps to charge the device. If they don't give this phone an IPxx rating I think it's a missed opportunity. With that said I don't think it will have it, and if it doesn't I don't see myself buying it unless it has some other great tricks we currently don't know about.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I was really disappointed with last droid turbo. Hope moto learned on it's mistake.
You mean the way they took forever updating it when they promised a quick update?? Or did you get one of the bad ones that had all sorts of issues??

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
They killed the only advantage they had over other brands and that's a battery that lasts longer then competition. Paired with obisimal camera and lack of storage expansion and other features made me switch from moto to Sony.
Don't get me wrong, it's still a decent phone as my father uses it but it no longer suffices a power user. It's more for a casual person.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah..the fact that they're backsliding on battery size and that their updates have flushed the life out of it..has hurt it...as well as lolligaging on lollipop ...this device had potential last year..they definitely dropped the ball.

Nothing about what's leaked, has me excited..even if the turbo wasn't right there with these devices...a slightly better screen and a hotter processor(literally) isn't that big of a deal..and in January or February we'll see the 820 processor powered devices...

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
...it's still a decent phone as my father uses it but it no longer suffices a power user. It's more for a casual person.

What? I'm not sure about that. It's a perfectly capable phone for a power user.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Not if you have to charge it several times a day.
That can be due to bad signal or hung apps...at work in Houston my phone can be connected from 6am till I leave..sometimes as late as 7 pm..and be at 70% battery with me browsing here and Facebook and texting ..

At home..incan kill my battery in 5 hours because of vzw's award winning signal..lol

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I work in a hospital with a lot of lead walls. Signal jumps often between outside lte and indoor 3g for 9 hours a day. I'm on a phone about 5-6 hours a day of screen time. My Sony lasts me whole day on single charge. Moto dropped the ball with their poor battery life.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I work in a cement building with a lot of steel beams and poor signal and still make all day with several hours of SOT and rarely go below 40% after 16 hours off the charger.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I work in a cement building with a lot of steel beams and poor signal and still make all day with several hours of SOT and rarely go below 40% after 16 hours off the charger.
That's the way mine was before the "signal change"..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So much Droid / Moto hate around here the 2 years I have been a member. :D Where is the love? :cool: