Verizon Press Event on July 23 to Unveil Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx & Droid Mini

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
new-gen-droid-family.png

Verizon will be holding a press event on July 23rd to "unveil the next generation of one of [its] most popular family of devices." The savvy money is on this event unveiling the new Droid Ultra, the Droid Maxx and the Droid Mini, which will be replacing the Droid RAZR HD, RAZR Maxx HD, and RAZR M, respectively. The press event will be held in New York City. Above is a pic from a previous leak of this new generation of devices. We fully expect all of these devices to still be sporting Kevlar casing just as their predecessors did.

Stay tuned as we will be revealing more intel both before and during the press event.

Source: TheVerge

hotice

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a notification LED, LCD display, MicroSDXC slot, MicroHDMI port, below-the-screen capacitive buttons as opposed to on-screen, and a sealed device that can be used under water like the GS4 Active. I guess the Snapdragon 800 would be nice but the Snapdragon 600 would be fine. I expect 2GB of RAM. It looks like it has the capacitive buttons but I'm not sure about the other things. The only software feature-add I'd love to see is the ability to run display two apps on the screen at the same time like Samsung is doing with Multi-Window.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I'm hoping that the Mini is the same size as the RAZR M and is 1280x720 resolution. The 4.3" screen would be fine, but an additional 0.1 or 0.2 inch would be nice. I would buy the M for free now at VZ, but the on screen buttons turn the 4.3" screen essentially into a 4" screen. It looks like Moto realized that the on screen buttons was a mistake. It looks like the Mini will have the wrap around Kevlar like the current HD. The M is more slippery because the Kevlar doesn't wrap around. If the Mini is what I want for $99 it's mine. I'm not a power user at all and the current M specs are good enough for me, but a slight upgrade would seal it for me.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
I'm an on screen button kind of guy. I mean we're in 2013. Time to let capacitive buttons go and use the on screen buttons. That's how the new OS is supposed to be.

Just a Tap'n and a Talk'n

TheOldFart

Reaction score
So why are Samsung, LG and HTC using off screen buttons? Why is Moto, who BTW is owned by Google, going back to off screen buttons? It seems that Google has realized that off screen buttons are the correct way to go. Perhaps everyone will swing to on screen buttons at some future point, but it appears that few people want them now or else the manufacturers would be switching to them. A lot of apps don't expand to fill the screen, so screen space is wasted. No one with on screen buttons uses the space below the screen for anything and don't make the phones any smaller, so the bottom bezel is just wasted space. If they shortened the phone then there would be an argument for on screen buttons. However, they don't shorten it.

Last edited:

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Still how it was meant to be when ICS was released. We don't know that all the new Moto devices are going back to the old style but the RAZR HD was great to me. If the new droids all have hard buttons I can still buy an Employee edition RAZR HD Maxx and be ballin' so no worries lol.

Just a Tap'n and a Talk'n

Rhino94

Reaction score
Question for the admins where is the forum section for these device? Because if anyone notices with their 2 eyes that they are DROIDs.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Question for the admins where is the forum section for these device? Because if anyone notices with their 2 eyes that they are DROIDs.

Pretty sure killer announced and posted the Droid mini one side cell that's the only device actually announced.

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World