uses for a retired droid 1

Lucas5

Reaction score
i recently upgraded to the new htc thunderbolt and retired my good old droid 1. at the moment, i'm using it as an alarm clock but are there other things that i could use it for? i still love my old droid 1 and would love to put it to some practical use.
what do you guys think?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
portable gaming device....watch movies on it.....browse internet on wifi....Apod <-- made that one up but you get the idea.

Kack

Reaction score
i still have my d1 and i use it for the kid to listen to mp3's and watch movies while im driving hes 2 and gets the concept and he loves angry birds.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
portable media device. can play movies, games, surf the web, it's a pretty graceful retirement for unused Droid devices.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Use it to play with roms/kernels or as a base to possibly start developing if that interests you at all. It would be very nice to have something to play with but not having to risk bricking it.

Or, as others have said use it as an ipod touch basically.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
at the moment, i'm using it as an alarm clock but are there other things that i could use it for?
Anything that doesn't require voice calling or data via your carrier. There are tons of possibilities. Didn't you use it for more than phone calls and carrier data before it was retired?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definately not out, wi fi to network, surf, play games, music.

My 5 year old will love it when I get my new phone, except she'll then want that one. :)

OP
Lucas5

Lucas5

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions guys. i had considered it for game playing or portable media player, but my new htc thunderbolt will be doing that plus all the other phone duties. plus, i don't want to carry around two devices.