Why would you ever need to retire your Droid 1?

poooookah78

Reaction score
I can honestly say this is the most exciting phone I've ever had. Obviously technology changes so but I've never had more fun with any of the dozens of phones I've had than that D1. I still have it, I'm upgrading to the Bionic when it comes out, but I'm still going to keep my D1 and use it for things around the house.... the amount of things the D1 can do stock and rooted are unreal... Sadly, I'm going to upgrade... but dayum... I'm gonna keep the D1 and probably root it and flash new roms as often as possible... as long as the D1 is supported and romable.

This is going to be the phone that everyone remembers... kinda like the Commodore 64, everyone remembers it and remembers the programs for it...

darkmatter

Reaction score
D1 still going strong after 18 months. :icon_ banana: :knock on wood:

Been waiting on an upgrade for 6 months now... Keeping an eye out for a phone that fulfills the following:

4" inch+ screen
Dual Core Processor
Slide Out QWERTY
Verizon (Of course!)

I'm guessing you didn't check out the droid3 link. Its exactly what you said, plus vanilla android.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
D1 still going strong after 18 months
The D1 hasn't even been out for 15 months ;)

In cell phone time that's more than a lifetime though, got mine drop day and it's still holding tough -

forgive me tp (and minion), but my wife always calls me Mr. Fact Check, so I might as well live up to that name... Nov 2009 - Nov 2010 = 12 months; Nov 2010 - March 2011 = 4 months; therefore we're looking at roughly between 16 and 17 months right now

i can't remember if the official drop date for the D1 was Nov or Oct, but regardless... :p

cue wife saying "ok Mr. Fact Check", sarcastically with eye roll

Pupalei

Reaction score
D1 still going strong after 18 months
The D1 hasn't even been out for 15 months ;)

In cell phone time that's more than a lifetime though, got mine drop day and it's still holding tough -

forgive me tp (and minion), but my wife always calls me Mr. Fact Check, so I might as well live up to that name... Nov 2009 - Nov 2010 = 12 months; Nov 2010 - March 2011 = 4 months; therefore we're looking at roughly between 16 and 17 months right now

i can't remember if the official drop date for the D1 was Nov or Oct, but regardless... :p

cue wife saying "ok Mr. Fact Check", sarcastically with eye roll

October 17, 2009

So, 17 months and 4 days. dancedroid

A2Aegis

Reaction score
I'll never truly retire my Droid. Once I get a new phone, my Droid will become a very nice PDA.

minger

Reaction score
More RAM.

Also my touch screen has been going crazy lately