Updating Swype in UD 2.0.0

Lars1

Reaction score
After working on this for 2 days, I finally got it. It may not work for you, but this is what finally worked for me.

1. Uncheck Swype in keyboard settings.
2. Clear data and uninstall Swype first and then the installer (if you still have it).
3. Delete installer from your download folder.
4. Delete the libSwypecore file from your system/lib folder (I used root explorer).
5. Reboot
6. Log on to beta.swype.com and re-download the installer and install but don't run yet.
7. Go into settings/running services and kill everything you dare.
8. Go into settings/manage applications/running and kill everything you dare (probably not system processes).
9. Run Swype installer and download Swype.
10. Install Swype but when it say done, don't hit done rather, hit the back button.
11. on the next screen (the one that says "download Swype", WAIT until it gives you the "enable Swype message.

This is ridiculous I know, but this is what I had to go through to get the new Swype beta on my phone.

I now have a mic button.

Yea

FastKatt

Reaction score
Well,...
Son of a gun!
When I read the splash screen, I thought it was a search & wouldn't type...
I was wrong!
Thanks =]

Agrajag

Reaction score
What's the correct version to get for the Droid 1?

I found the WVGA version (I can't wait to buy it frankly as I've bought every other keyboard out there including 8pen) and it keeps telling me this version has the wrong resolution. It works (though terribly when in landscape) but the nag is annoying.

OP
J

jonnyc

Reaction score
Works for me!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ucpro

Reaction score
mine doesn't work when i swype and the mic button is slashed out. when i swype, i get the little blue flash on the side of the keyboard

kastein

Reaction score
I would try deleting swype and installer and try again....you have to wait for the confirmation screen before closing in order for it to work

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
After working on this for 2 days, I finally got it. It may not work for you, but this is what finally worked for me.

1. Uncheck Swype in keyboard settings.
2. Clear data and uninstall Swype first and then the installer (if you still have it).
3. Delete installer from your download folder.
4. Delete the libSwypecore file from your system/lib folder (I used root explorer).
5. Reboot
6. Log on to beta.swype.com and re-download the installer and install but don't run yet.
7. Go into settings/running services and kill everything you dare.
8. Go into settings/manage applications/running and kill everything you dare (probably not system processes).
9. Run Swype installer and download Swype.
10. Install Swype but when it say done, don't hit done rather, hit the back button.
11. on the next screen (the one that says "download Swype", WAIT until it gives you the "enable Swype message.

This is ridiculous I know, but this is what I had to go through to get the new Swype beta on my phone.

I now have a mic button.

Yea

Never-mind. I got swype working perfectly now. For some reason I think just simply going into settings and killing just about all my running services did it. I can't understand or explain it but I seriously tried this 6 times and finally cleaning the services worked. Thanks Lars1!

So happy the microphone button is there, that was needed... Do it...