swype updated beta not working

Reaction score
I was having the same install problems with the new beta and finally got it to work after disabling and uninstalling......what a pain. I have been messing with the Ultra Keyboard Trial in the Market and so far quite impressed. All of the coolness of Swype and more! It's worth a look.

Ultra Keyboard Trial - Android app on AppBrain

Today I watched Swype expire, revisited the Droid2 Multitouch keyboard, tried SwiftKey, Smart Keyboard, SlideIT, and Ultra Keyboard. None of them are exactly Swype (for better and worse), but I'm liking Ultra Keyboard a lot. The developer is active and accessible via Facebook. It could use a little more Swype-smartness, and a bigger font would help this old fart, but it works well and looks like a keeper.

I've had good luck with Slide It so far and that's going to be my go to in lieu of Swype...

OP
Droidemz

Droidemz

Reaction score
I would say just keeping trying with swype, I just about gave up but after uninstalling and installing for the 25th time it finally worked haha. :icon_eek:

Sparkimus

Reaction score
I started using Ultra Keyboard about a week ago and it's the best keyboard I've found. I actually like it a lot more than swype since it's easier to use when I want to type normally. I hate how swype will not put text into an input field until the word is completed, it ruined the auto complete function in Google search, market search and map search. Before Ultra Keyboard I would switch between Swype and the Droid 2 MT keyboard.

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
If Swype comes pre-installed on the Droid2, DroidX, why in tarnation are we still waiting on a goddamned BETA?
What's with this "beta-testing" BS? Just release the app already!!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Swype is still a closed beta the posting of/or asking for the .apk on the Forum is not allowed

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
thank god i didnt ask for it.
god knows what wouldve happened then! whewwwwwwww