anybody get the new swype to work??

ucpro

Reaction score
the new swype beta came out a couple days ago, but like the last beta, it doesn't type anything as u swype and you can't use the voice messaging, i just get a blue flicker on the sides.

i have a themed swype that doesn't require the installer that works, but it's based off an older version (no mic). it's maybe 2 versions old now, but works.
I really want the mic to work though, but since it doesn't work on ud(and maybe other roms), i'm kinda stuck.

anybody else havin this problem, or know of a fix?

sonnydroid

Reaction score
the new swype beta came out a couple days ago, but like the last beta, it doesn't type anything as u swype and you can't use the voice messaging, i just get a blue flicker on the sides.

i have a themed swype that doesn't require the installer that works, but it's based off an older version (no mic). it's maybe 2 versions old now, but works.
I really want the mic to work though, but since it doesn't work on ud(and maybe other roms), i'm kinda stuck.

anybody else havin this problem, or know of a fix?

Did you uninstalled both swype and swype installer?
Also, use astro and do a search "swype", and delete anything that has swype in it. Reboot. Download New Installer. Enter your account info and install. Should work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
i didn't have an installer to uninstall. i had found an apk that didn't need an installer(not sure if i'm allowed to say that or not). i'll see if the one i have now leaves any extra files though after i uninstall it

sonnydroid

Reaction score
i didn't have an installer to uninstall. i had found an apk that didn't need an installer(not sure if i'm allowed to say that or not). i'll see if the one i have now leaves any extra files though after i uninstall it

Are you registered to swype beta? It will ask for your account after you install and run the swype installer.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
yea, i have the installer, but when i finally install the apk from there, the swype part of it and the mic doesn't work. i even tried rebooting after it installed the new keyboard and still didn't work

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
it may need files removed and added, like lib files and such. if you want to pm me a copy of the apk i can test it out and see whats up.

sonnydroid

Reaction score
yea, i have the installer, but when i finally install the apk from there, the swype part of it and the mic doesn't work. i even tried rebooting after it installed the new keyboard and still didn't work

Yea, I was having the same issue. I uninstalled both swype and installer. searched "swype" in astro and deleted all entries that came up. Rebooted. Downloaded & Installed installer. Rebooted. Ran installer and installed swype. That worked for me.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score

Yea, I was having the same issue. I uninstalled both swype and installer. searched "swype" in astro and deleted all entries that came up. Rebooted. Downloaded & Installed installer. Rebooted. Ran installer and installed swype. That worked for me.

i'm tryin it now, i just have a bunch of text files(xml maybe?) and apks for all the other installers that keeps downloading the the swype site

ok i got it to swype, but still can't use the mic, it's there but it's crossed out, and when i hit it, the sides of the keyboard flashes blue

Last edited:

v941726

Reaction score
I personally don't see all the interest in swype. ShapeWriter, even though no updates in like forever, is still much better. I just got the new swype and it still sucks. And they make it a half hour install too. F that.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a Beta tester and Swype works fine for me on UD 2.4 - it installed with no issues either

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
I figured it out. There were files left behind in data/data,.and also one in the system folder. can't remember the name though. as far as the mic not working, it was because it disables if you use google search or are putting passwords in