Updates

Anthony 23

Reaction score
Ehi.I have the Motorola Droid.I really love it. Here is a couple issues. That I. Have. When can we finally listen to certain live radio stations? Almost every station has a link. That. Says listen live on your iPhone or blackberry
This is very frustrating. also,is there any word on the 2.1 update? Thank-you

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ehi.I have the Motorola Droid.I really love it. Here is a couple issues. That I. Have. When can we finally listen to certain live radio stations? Almost every station has a link. That. Says listen live on your iPhone or blackberry
This is very frustrating. also,is there any word on the 2.1 update? Thank-you
There are a few things you can do now to listen to live radio stations. Check out iheartradio, RadioTime, DroidLiveLite. Slacker and Pandora stream music, but not specific radio stations.

toddegreene

Reaction score
There are several apps on the market that may work. iheartradio works somewhat for clear channel stations, I found the connection to be intermittent at best. Flycast works for some stations, but in my area there was a 15 minute delay for my sports radio station. I ended up searching for my stations here, rosinstrument.com, and added them to droid live. This has worked well for me.

OP
Anthony 23

Anthony 23

Reaction score
still looking

Thanks so much for your resonse. I have the iheart radio and pandora. The stations I enjoy are not yet on there,and may never be. What is frustrating is seeing that the iphones and blackberries all have such easy access to these links, I wonder if the droid will ever have this option. For example, I love sports radio. I lsten to wscr am 670 here in chicago. It has a link on its homepage, click here to listen live on your iphone or blackberry. Same with wxrt93.1 in chicago. No doubt pandora is really good. I listen a lot. However,its a drag when lesser phones do wjat droid should be doing. Maybe the long awaited update to 2.1 will solve this? Do you agree with my frustration?

OP
Anthony 23

Anthony 23

Reaction score
trying

Thanks again guys. It really still dloes not explain why the driod can't be included in these simple apps that blackberry and iphone get to enjoy. I mean afterall,in a world that doesn't,droid does. Well, it doesn't. Don't get me wrong,I love my phone,its awsome. Its just that when you see lesser phones enjoying free and and easy apps,it gets you frustrated

montlyfool

Reaction score
wscr am 670 available on Cherry Rplayer

Really cannot blame it on Droid. Someone writes these things and creates links.
Write to each radio station to let them know what you want.
I use Cherry Rplayer and it has links to my local station. I looked and it has wscr am 670. Listening to it now.

Get Cherry Rplayer from the market. :icon_ banana:

M

Matth3w

Mostly those links on websites you speak of open a flash page to play the music. So you are definitely incorrect about the iPhone being able to work on those webpages because it will NEVER have flash like we will.

Also that has nothing to do with Moto, VZW, Droid, etc. That's Adobe's baby and they are developing a flash mobile.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I have the iheart radio and pandora. The stations I enjoy are not yet on there,and may never be.

If the stations you want are not ClearChannel stations then the answer is they never will be. iheartradio is a ClearChannel app and therefore covers only their stations. The other apps people have mentioned carry non-ClearChannel stations. Try one of those to see if it has your stations. There is a pay app that will add any station you request, but I don't remember which one it is. I am sure someone else will chime in with the name.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The other apps will carry other steaming stuff too. I've used droidlive to listen to the police and fire channels.

Skaggz

Reaction score
You're placing the blame in the wrong place here. You're mad at the phone because your favorite radio stations haven't made THEIR services available to it? You may have to take some action on your own here. I have two suggestions for you. You may try one or both.

1. As suggested above, contact a streaming radio app developer (or a few) and kindly request they see if they can add your favorite stations to their list.

2. Contact your favorite radio stations and kindly inform them that you are willing but unable to listen to their programming on your Android device. Maybe give them a figure of the number of Android devices in circulation. More listeners = more potential advertising $$ for them. Try and give them some incentive to jump on board here. Also provide them with the names of a couple of apps that do stream live broadcasts, along with the website/email address of those apps so that they may contact the developers.

howzball

Reaction score
Give Yourmuze.fm a try. Looks like you should be able to stream the Score this way.

You'll want to set up an account on your computer, then search for the stations you want added to your favorites.
Next open up m.yourmuze.fm on your Droids browser and log in... this works for me to stream a local AM sports radio station near me.

Just did a search for "Chicago" and "sports" and found the Score.

Good luck

Agrajag

Reaction score
Why has no one mentioned StreamFurious?

I use it to listen to all my local AM stations for news, sports and political talk.

OP
Anthony 23

Anthony 23

Reaction score
i got the cherryrplayer, its awsome. thanks so much for all your input. The droid is truely increadable

scorer1

Reaction score
I am new to a Droid and new to this forum. My question is about updates to Apps. I keep getting notifications that there are updates to apps that I will never use. Is there anyway to make those update notifications for certain Apps go away? If I hide the apps, will I still get the update notifications? For example, I do not use ANY MUSIC apps although they were installed on the phone when I got them which is fine. I don't mind them being there just don't want to receive notificaitons that use up my data for installing updates for something I won't use.

Any help would be appreciated.