FlashPlayer

mentaloaf

Reaction score
Couple things, what do you all use flash player for most? I felt pretty special when I installed a 2.2 ROM and was able to install flash, but does it come already on the new droids (2, x)?

For me personally, I listen to talk radio quite a bit and here on Maui, we only have a select few radio stations with guys I don't really like listening to. Now with flash I can get any radio station at any time of day I want, it's awesome...now I can listen to Michael Savage every afternoon on my droid!

acles003

Reaction score
Today is August 18th aka the day we were promised Flash Player on Market. Just checked and I still don't see it. Anyone know the latest?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Today is August 18th aka the day we were promised Flash Player on Market. Just checked and I still don't see it. Anyone know the latest?

We will not see Flash in the market until Verizon releases the update (FRG22?) after the update they are currently sending out (FRG01B).

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

As has been explained, Flash will be in the Market after the distribution of the second push that will enable Droids to be able to work with the non Beta Flash 10.1.

However many of us already are working with that version of Flash using the current FRG018B signed update that went OTA and we are not seeing any issues. I personally have doubts about the second "push" but we will see. Some seem to think it's going to be FRG22 but I don't see that happening as there were some issues with that update.

I've been wrong before however.

Search the forum if you want the official Flash now, there are links available in the app section.

acles003

Reaction score
Oh ok I didn't realize that. Thanks for clarifying. No one has FRG22 for manual download yet right? O:)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hell, they have to complete the first push before any type of second one can occur ... :)

I'll tell you, if the official 10.1 for the Droid doesnt have HW accell, and still takes up a lot of room, I'll drop it in a heartbeat. I CAN live without it ...

Personally I don't see Froyo (whatever version) and flash joined and out there until after Dec 1st. (you read it here first, and I'll be happy to be wrong as well)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hell, they have to complete the first push before any type of second one can occur ... :)

I'll tell you, if the official 10.1 for the Droid doesnt have HW accell, and still takes up a lot of room, I'll drop it in a heartbeat. I CAN live without it ...

Personally I don't see Froyo (whatever version) and flash joined and out there until after Dec 1st. (you read it here first, and I'll be happy to be wrong as well)

Well, considering that it is available on the Market for the Nexus 1 right now and that there is a copy of it on the net that seems to work fine with FRG01B, I think you can start being happy now. :D

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Everyone is 'Supposed' to have the first update by tonight.

When the second one is supposed to start, we can only guess within a week because in the email Verizon sent to businesses last week said "Within the next few weeks' ... so we just wait and see..