***Updated*** Easy Root Available. 3 step process

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Yeah do step 3 again. Sometimes you have to do it 2 or 3 times before it sticks.

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
help please

Ok Guys I am about to go crazy with this thing every time that I plug my phone in and run step 1 of this, windows error screens pop up saying that the files cant be found for each part of step 1 any help is appreciated.

H4zyBuddha

Reaction score
Did you download the correct files? Start over with the newest download available on the xda thread linked on the op. Download and install the HTC sync drivers before starting step one. Every problem has been addressed in either this thread or the xda one, just for further support if we can't help.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
Did you download the correct files? Start over with the newest download available on the xda thread linked on the op. Download and install the HTC sync drivers before starting step one. Every problem has been addressed in either this thread or the xda one, just for further support if we can't help.

Ok just to make sure there is the rooter2.exe which is a zip file and then the only other file that I see is one named thunderboltroot(1).rar
Are these correct?
And yes I do have the htc sync drivers and followed all directions of phone setup just not sure what to do with that .rar file

Last edited:

H4zyBuddha

Reaction score
I'm not super knowledgable nor at my computer, but I used the recommended program to open the file I downloaded from xda. I opened the rooter.exe and it popped open the thunderbolt rooted program. I followed the steps, doing a few steps multiple times, and bam

bluefire7002

Reaction score
Yeah do step 3 again. Sometimes you have to do it 2 or 3 times before it sticks.

Can I still redo step 3 even though it logged into my Google an restore all my apps an stuff? I got tired last night and called it a night and woke up today wanting to finish this

H4zyBuddha

Reaction score
I believe you start over at step 2. Never repeat step one once it has been successfully done. The xda forums has 140 pages of people asking these questions, you could check there for confirmation. Use the search, or youre in for a lot of reading

bluefire7002

Reaction score
I believe you start over at step 2. Never repeat step one once it has been successfully done. The xda forums has 140 pages of people asking these questions, you could check there for confirmation. Use the search, or youre in for a lot of reading

okay thanks man... just want to make sure, should i save all my apps or will step 2 not whipe my phone?

bluefire7002

Reaction score
Scratch that... plugged the phone back in right now... hit step 3 took a while to restart the phone, restarted and IM ROOTED :)

thanks guys for all your help

H4zyBuddha

Reaction score
Cool my first ever help out. First time contributing to the community, and I've been lurking since Pete's BB on og Droid was the craze. From grasshopper to master, I have come to fruition

gerg004

Reaction score
Hey guys. After reading that we need to download new files, I've done so. But I have no clue, nor have I seen what to DO with those files once downloaded?? Ive read the pdf, but idk if its just me, but there seems to be a step missing between "before step 1" and "click on step 1". I originally started making my way threw the 3 step method and was getting my facts down and started doing the dirty work.... now I am completely lost on where to start. Once I get started I will be fine (I think) anyone that can help me?? TIA

H4zyBuddha

Reaction score
Read the op, a few posts down it tells u what to do before step one. Download and install HTC sync drivers too. Rooter.exe is the file you unzip to start the rooting process. It must be opened 7rar or whatever program they recommend

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If someone is around tonight who could help me root my TB tonight, hit me up on GTalk, scolit(at)gmail(dot)com. I have all the files downloaded but this old fart is not too confident in my abilities to do this w/o someone who knows what they are doing nearby.

lee__D

Reaction score
works awesome. I just rooted at work, took about 20 mins or so, but worked perfectly. Followed the pdf step by step, thanks