***Updated*** Easy Root Available. 3 step process

robdec17

Reaction score
If it says your device is offline just unplug the USB cable from the pc then plug it back in. Device should be online now. I had to do that after each reboot of the phone.

karnage

Reaction score
i have been trying to register with xda for 3 days to download the rooter zip but for some reason xda wont let me complete registration any suggestions or ideas????

jbaske9487

Reaction score
Ok so I downloaded all the necessary items. I can get it to push the zip to my phone but it will not restart in the bootloader. Any ideas what could be wrong.

jhov81

Reaction score
As soon as i clicked step three rooter.exe told me i know have a fully rooted thunderbolt. Does that sound right or do i need to do step three again? And where do i get clockwork mod. Sorry i am a complete noob at this

jbaske9487

Reaction score
Ok so I don't know what it was, whether rebooting both my computer or phone, but I got it to the bootloader screen and its updating now

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
As soon as i clicked step three rooter.exe told me i know have a fully rooted thunderbolt. Does that sound right or do i need to do step three again? And where do i get clockwork mod. Sorry i am a complete noob at this

Unless your phone robooted after telling you this thn no your not rooted. Unplug usb cable. Kill the rooter.ece in processes and strart over again from step two.

jhov81

Reaction score

Unless your phone robooted after telling you this thn no your not rooted. Unplug usb cable. Kill the rooter.ece in processes and strart over again from step two.

It didnt restart the first time so i killed rooter.exe and ran step 3 again and it restarted. I downloaded titanium backup and it has superuser permission when i open the super user program that was pushed on my phone. I think im rooted but not sure.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
If it asked for super user permission and you were able to allow it then yes your rooted.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Open rom manager and try the fix permissions. If it works the you are rooted.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Run the root process agan. Starting with step 2.