***Updated*** Easy Root Available. 3 step process

jhov81

Reaction score
After flashing hbooteng.nb0 in step two it is now pushing pg05img.zip, does this sound right? the pdf say After flashing hbooteng.nb0 it should restart

jhov81

Reaction score
Okay just did step two again followed the instructions in the pdf, rebooted turn back on usb debugging, click on step three and it immediately said congrats i have a rooted tbolt with s-off. Went to rom manager and got the error message when tried to fix permission.

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to market and load super user update fixer

Sent from my Rooted HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk Pro

jhov81

Reaction score
still not working, i have no clue what is going on? My phone seems to be working fine just cant get root access

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
I Had same issue start from step 2, after that entire process restart the exe. Then step 3, repeat the 3rd step until your phone reboot. You will need to unplug and replug each time u restart step 3

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

Last edited:

hogowner

Reaction score
I had to unplug and plug in the TB for step 3 like 4 or 5 times.....you are there.....

if you do step 3 and the phone doesn't reboot....keep doing it until it does....

dustoff69

Reaction score
Finaly got around to attempting to root this device....IT WORKED just as advertised
cnmsales: Thanks for the PDF, it made this process easy

I got root !

jhov81

Reaction score
I Had same issue start from step 2, after that entire process restart the exe. Then step 3, repeat the 3rd step until your phone reboot. You will need to unplug and replug each time u restart step 3

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

did it like 3 times and it finally worked. thanks everybody for the help

geoff5093

Reaction score
I had lots of issues running this, I had to re-run step 2 several times before it worked correctly. Make sure USB debugging is always on as well.

jhov81

Reaction score
Now i have root i want to get rid of all the bloat but i dont want to flash a rom yet. I backed up all my apps with titanium backup. Can i just delete or freeze the unwanted apps via titanium or do i need another app to delete them?

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would freeze them...I have know of issues in the past deleting them...you can delete them with Root Explorer if you desire...

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
I personally use an app called system app remover. You have to be careful with what you delete as it can mess the system up. Just make sure you create a stock backup of your ROM before removing anything. So you can go back to it should something get messed up.

H4zyBuddha

Reaction score
2 tries on step one and 2 attempts on step 3 and I'm rooted. Piece of cake, kick ass job everyone. Thank you all!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

bluefire7002

Reaction score
UGHHH dont know what the hell just happened... I had to unplug and restart the program couple of times throughout the process... but I managed to get through everything... Step 3 came and phone DID restart.
the program said You now have a fully rooted Thunderbolt with S-OFF. Congradulations!

yet I DONT have root access???

so frustrated it whiped all my stuff for NO root access

H4zyBuddha

Reaction score
Try step 3 again. Mine flipped through step 3 so fast and all I caught was the you are rooted thing. Super user requests were errors so I unplugged the phone, made sure debug and charge only were on and ran 3 again. Ran really fast again and reported my phone, and boom, I'm rooted

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App