(updated 5-31) The SHIZ (ESE81 - Built from Source) **7 Theme Choices**

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Can you no longer set "Launcher in Memory" in Spare Parts?

That requires a custom source built Spare parts app, or stealing it from another rom ;)

jrummy can contact me and I will be more than happy to give him my custom source that includes this option in Spare Parts.

Thanks ardynalyne, I think I will take you up on that. Is your source on github?

No. Sadly, Im too much a noob to figure out how to setup github :D My Froyo source will be on there or bitbucket though.

But I will PM you the source code. I already removed the Team Chaos title and replaced it with something more appropriate.

xfireguru

Reaction score
if i just want the most stable and pink themed rom should i go with the shiz with no kernel? my wife loves her pink life theme, but she throws her phone at me every time it starts lagging, force closing, or rebooting. all i really want to be able to do is wireless tether, theme, and apply mobile defense as a system app.

to be honest i have never noticed any positive effects of running different kernels. i've seen some negative ones, but i've never said to myself "wow this is running way better now" am i alone in that?

also, has anyone ran into any issues applying on top of the previous jrummy build? or should i just go ahead and wipe. thanks!!

edit: is there a link to examples of all the live wallpapers?

I've tried all of jrummy's themes and have messed around with various kernels. With the exception of the latest Bekit releases (where my phone wouldn't boot at all) I haven't had any real issues with lagging, FC's, or random reboots.

Assuming you've got profiles setup in SetCPU and you're running in 'ondemand' mode, then you may not have the "holy crap, this new kernel is fast" moment. Day to day operation of the phone doesn't require you to be running 1.2ghz (for example), and most apps can only run so fast to begin with.

The benefit of the faster clock speed will be realized when using more cpu-intensive apps. Things should run more smoothly in that case.

I didn't wipe/factory reset my phone prior to upgrade to the shiz from the last remix and haven't had an issue yet. This has probably been the smoothest running/most stable rom I've used. I had more FC's when I unpackaged my droid from the store than I do now.

nerdkill

Reaction score
thanks xfireguru and jrummy. i think from now on i'm just sticking with the stock kernel for my phone as well. if i start running into issues i'll start playing again. thanks everyone!

oh and i would really like to be able to keep launcher in memory too if possible.

also, how come the maps icon never seems to be themed? and is there a link somewhere to get icon packs for your themes?

Wetzilla

Reaction score
There is no a2sd in this build. I need to look at how cm coded it and that might take a while.

I will still work on both roms. The remix of cm should be out tomorrow or Saturday; now also built from source.

I wanted to build this rom for those who like roms like stock builds like simply stunning or bugless beast (however, bb isn't built from source). CM will always have more features than stock builds so if you want a lot of extra features try out the remix but if you want a little more speed or stability (don't get me wrong, cm is very stable and fast) then maybe try this stock build.

I will add future features to this rom and merge them into another rom I am working on.

Ok, thanks for the quick response! I love your CM remix, as I'm kind of a feature whore. I just love getting all those new and extra goodies, I'm anxiously awaiting your newest remix!

nerdkill

Reaction score
no reboot choice from power button... bummer. is there any way for me to add that?

edit: maps is themed upon reboot.

Last edited:

nerdkill

Reaction score
if i update handcent then i'll lose its theme right?

also, does anyone have a .apk for the pink themed twitter?

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yes, if you update handcent you will loose the theme. Guess I should update that thing.

For the themed twitter you can get it on rom manager or take a look at my ftp by clicking the kernel link on the front page and navigate to... umm.. Rom Manager/theme_customizer/pink-life.. I think that's were it is. Gotta post it here, just been busy.

nerdkill

Reaction score

Yes, if you update handcent you will loose the theme. Guess I should update that thing.

For the themed twitter you can get it on rom manager or take a look at my ftp by clicking the kernel link on the front page and navigate to... umm.. Rom Manager/theme_customizer/pink-life.. I think that's were it is. Gotta post it here, just been busy.

sorry to be a pain, but i don't see it on the rom manager. i see remove themed twitter, but i don't see it as an add on. am i going crazy?

AROD111

Reaction score

PMG...I was going crazy trying to figure out why the theme would not work anymore! LOL Can you please please update!?!? ALso...any chance of getting any themed versions of the new LauncherPro?? Thanks JRUMMY, you are the man!!

AROD111

Reaction score

sorry to be a pain, but i don't see it on the rom manager. i see remove themed twitter, but i don't see it as an add on. am i going crazy?

I used this link to get the pink theme on my twitter. Use Metamorph to install. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/jrummy/40041-jrummy-metamorph-updated-5-20-a.html

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

sorry, it's in pink-life customizer

nerdkill

Reaction score

sorry, it's in pink-life customizer

i'm confused again. i think i'm hopeless when it comes to modding. i installed this rom using the rom manager - customizer - pink theme - and wiped system. shouldn't twitter have come with it themed? it did on the previous jrummy build with the pink theme. i'll go the metamorph way. thanks you guys.