Update your PRL'S

jadeddjay

Reaction score
can anyone tell me why my prl version wont change? i have two friends in town who have 51371 but ive tried updating mine and it will not change. currently on 65085

Nick177th

Reaction score
I just updated my phone by dialling *22899. But I am not sure how to get the 5 digit codes you are all getting. Is this number text to your phone by Verizon?
home - menu - settings - about phone - status - prl

i guess i've been on 51731 for a while. i just checked my number and it was already there.

just did the PRL update and I'm still 51731. I did go from three bars to four though.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me why my prl version wont change? i have two friends in town who have 51371 but ive tried updating mine and it will not change. currently on 65085

You are pressing 2, right? Don't mean to insult your intelligence, just double checking.

jadeddjay

Reaction score

You are pressing 2, right? Don't mean to insult your intelligence, just double checking.

haha, yes, ive done both option 2 and *22899 without any luck. any ideas? pulled battery and reset the phone as well

Droids

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's because you already have a higher PRl number? Curious if you were always on Verizon or migrated from another network, one that Verizon bought out?

LrdElderon

Reaction score
does everyone get the same prl value if they update at similiar times or is the prl based on location?

I've had issues this last day or two with a possible bad network tower so my connection has dropped to pretty much zero atm, but i've tried doing *228 opts 1 and 2 and *22899 and my prl will not change at all even though the computer says successfully updated.

I'm stuck at 51714 =( my friend a town over has like a +30 prl. wtf

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
51731 after the update

I didn't check what it was before because I couldn't find out where it was located.

-=Jason=-

EDIT: to find out what PLR version you are running..

from your home screen:Settings>About Phone>Status

Last edited:

10ACTony

Reaction score
does everyone get the same prl value if they update at similiar times or is the prl based on location?

I've had issues this last day or two with a possible bad network tower so my connection has dropped to pretty much zero atm, but i've tried doing *228 opts 1 and 2 and *22899 and my prl will not change at all even though the computer says successfully updated.

I'm stuck at 51714 =( my friend a town over has like a +30 prl. wtf

Enter your info here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/17329-prls-plans-service-areas.html

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm guessing it's because you already have a higher PRl number? Curious if you were always on Verizon or migrated from another network, one that Verizon bought out?
thats what I was going to say. I think he may be a former Alltell customer.

pdubbs28

Reaction score
how did you do it? all of these posts talk about doing the update, but no one actually says how they did it. help please!!!!