Prl update question

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Did the manual update. PRL now shown as 30051. Former ZAlltel customer. Am in NE TX. Always seem to have strong signal and 3G coverage. So, no known complaints

Should I do anything to get the 51716 PRL?

Also, read that some former Alltel customers must fill out paperwork to be a true Verizon customer. Should I do this? If so, how?
Thanks for the help

fr4c

Reaction score
Did the manual update. PRL now shown as 30051. Former ZAlltel customer. Am in NE TX. Always seem to have strong signal and 3G coverage. So, no known complaints

Should I do anything to get the 51716 PRL?

Also, read that some former Alltel customers must fill out paperwork to be a true Verizon customer. Should I do this? If so, how?
Thanks for the help
You should dial *228, then option 2 regardless. Having the correct PRL will only do good (signal, battery, etc.).

Spectral

Reaction score
*228 option 2 is always good to update to get you the best signal possible. As far as changing over completely from Alltel to Verizon I would definitely suggest doing that because Verizon systems do sometimes have issues fully accessing accounts if they are still part of Alltel.

Spectral

Reaction score
Do option 1 does programming and PRL. Best imo.

Option 1 does not typically work and is not reccomended if just updating the PRL if option 1 starts and fails then the phone is not active and will need to be reactivated which *228 may not be able to do which then you would need to manually program the phone which is not as easy or fun. so to avoid that *228 option 2 is all you need to use.

xjman349

Reaction score
Do option 1 does programming and PRL. Best imo.

Option 1 does not typically work and is not reccomended if just updating the PRL if option 1 starts and fails then the phone is not active and will need to be reactivated which *228 may not be able to do which then you would need to manually program the phone which is not as easy or fun. so to avoid that *228 option 2 is all you need to use.

I don't who told you this. This is what we tell customers to do all day long at VZW. I have never had any problem your discuss. Out of the 45 calls a day I take 1 usually fails. Thats a pretty damn good percentage. If it fails you call back and it works fine. If the activation fails all the data in the phone wont change.

Spectral

Reaction score
I never tell customer to choose option one when just updating their PRL. There is a reason Verizon has a separate option for it.

xjman349

Reaction score
There isn't a TSing guide I have seen yet that says press option 2. Kills two birds with one stone.

Last edited:
OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
So, don't be too concerned whether or not you end up with the 51716 PRL? Nothing magical about it?

Or, the actual best PRL for your area is selected for you by the system based on available tower equipment?
Thanks