Update: Version: 1.3.380.MB870.Verizon.en.US

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Thats what I'm hopin' I'll be posted if it shows. Rep Min. as well, might have someone 20 miles from ya watching this very thread lol.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

BetoVazq

Reaction score
In California and waiting!

redfish10

Reaction score
Running the SBF 2.3.4 and everything seems to be fine. Biggest thing that I have noticed is battery life seems to be a little better. And 2.3.4 can be rooted with petes on click.

thatguy

Reaction score
I don't know how but my phone updated to 2.3.4 without me knowing. for those who care I'm in Rhode Island.

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
I don't know how but my phone updated to 2.3.4 without me knowing. for those who care I'm in Rhode Island.

Thanks for the info Thatguy...as the OP, I deff. care! trying to figure this regional/market push-out pattern. Odd that it updated without you knowing though...from my gathering of information, I heard you have to push update now or later. Either way, that's cool man. Congrats...let us know how it acts. STILL WAITING :icon_eek: (sick of checking for system update every hour and receiving, "your device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time.") When clearly there IS a necessary update at THIS time! lol.

thatguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Thatguy...as the OP, I deff. care! trying to figure this regional/market push-out pattern. Odd that it updated without you knowing though...from my gathering of information, I heard you have to push update now or later. Either way, that's cool man. Congrats...let us know how it acts. STILL WAITING :icon_eek: (sick of checking for system update every hour and receiving, "your device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time.") When clearly there IS a necessary update at THIS time! lol.

I was doing the same thing, check for update constantly. I always got the your device is up to date reply also. decided to check my system info while I was on the screen today and it was updated. I have done the ota updates before and I was not prompted this time like normal.

thatguy

Reaction score
well I just found out that my wife initiated the update for me. mystery solved

DroidX2FreAk

Reaction score
If true I guess we can all expect 2.3.4 within the next 2 days im assuming.

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
If true I guess we can all expect 2.3.4 within the next 2 days im assuming.

Yessir...I sure hope so. So far theres only been seriously like THREE people only that have posted they recieved the OTA. One in NYC, one in Nebraska and now RI...crazy how slow this has been getting pushed out compared to other OTA's. For instance, the Thunderbolt...saw people in the forum receiving it the SAME day verizon had it posted on: Advanced Devices - Software Updates. Also my girl got her INC2 the day after the latest update for that and her's was OTA as soon as she activated it. Jelouse that she's runnin 2.3.4 and I'm not! :icon_eek: lol. It's cool though...it'll come to us...just patience. Not the easiest thing for me hahaha. Wisconsin usually doesn't get the best first anyway...kinda used to it.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Just reiterating some things I've said in previous posts/other forums... don't take this update as a better update. There are tons of bugs in the current version. Battery/charging problems, led problems, 3g turning to 1g in areas where 3g was never a problem, and some problems with lag. I've also been aware of some people have camcorder problems (I haven't used it so idk the truth in it). I wouldn't be surprised to see another update roll out soon. Again, just my .02 and hopefully some people don't experience these problems. Moto and VZW are already aware.

DroidX2FreAk

Reaction score
Yessir...I sure hope so. So far theres only been seriously like THREE people only that have posted they recieved the OTA. One in NYC, one in Nebraska and now RI...crazy how slow this has been getting pushed out compared to other OTA's. For instance, the Thunderbolt...saw people in the forum receiving it the SAME day verizon had it posted on: Advanced Devices - Software Updates. Also my girl got her INC2 the day after the latest update for that and her's was OTA as soon as she activated it. Jelouse that she's runnin 2.3.4 and I'm not! :icon_eek: lol. It's cool though...it'll come to us...just patience. Not the easiest thing for me hahaha. Wisconsin usually doesn't get the best first anyway...kinda used to it.

I can see how the RI and NYC guys would have it since they are in the east coast. What threw me off was the Nebraska person. I live in chicago and still dint have it. Oh well...here is to waiting! :)

DroidX2FreAk

Reaction score
Just reiterating some things I've said in previous posts/other forums... don't take this update as a better update. There are tons of bugs in the current version. Battery/charging problems, led problems, 3g turning to 1g in areas where 3g was never a problem, and some problems with lag. I've also been aware of some people have camcorder problems (I haven't used it so idk the truth in it). I wouldn't be surprised to see another update roll out soon. Again, just my .02 and hopefully some people don't experience these problems. Moto and VZW are already aware.

Well Motorola have stated that all their dual core phones(X2 included ) will get ice cream sandwich . Im guessing that will be the next update we see. Then on to the DROIDX 3 lol

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
I can see how the RI and NYC guys would have it since they are in the east coast. What threw me off was the Nebraska person. I live in chicago and still dint have it. Oh well...here is to waiting! :)

Oh wow...you're only about an hour away from me. I'm litterally like right next to Antioch and Richmond. So hopefully we'll both be receiving the OTA around the same time. Fingers crossed! Waiting isn't too bad, since we get to read others expeirences with the latest build until we get it and decide wether we want it or not. If I hear too much negative I may root. (even though I haven't EVER done this.) It MAY be worth it. We shall see. Keep posted like a street sign! :)