OTA Push 98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US

trapt4orlife

Reaction score
So I tried to install this, said failed, so I reset to factory, it still failed. I think it may have been from quarantined apps, which I unquarantined them all. Is there any way to flash an OEM image back on the RAZR so I can install the update? I have been searching and have had no luck. I wish it was as easy as my bionic was.

OP
Spey

Spey

Reaction score
Battery Life seems to have improved since update a couple days ago. Currently at 21hrs w/36% remaining (typ. out of power by this time). Will be pleasant surprise if this keeps up!

Sent from XT907 via Tapatalk

FuzzyMO

Reaction score
That's what I did. The re root and flash a recovery.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

The first page of version 1.20 says not to use the utility if you have accepted the latest OTA update. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding?

lowvolt

Reaction score
The first page of version 1.20 says not to use the utility if you have accepted the latest OTA update. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding?

It worked for me

lowvolt

Reaction score
Do u need to be bootloader unlocked for Matt's utilitys to work

I don't believe so. I think there is an unlock utility in there. But I'm not 100% sure.

Neverleft7

Reaction score
I may try it I've seen were people have regained root with Matt's without boot loader being unlocked on the RAZR Max HD but haven't seen anyone that has done it with the RAZR m with a locked boot loader

josh.lop6

Reaction score
My boot loader is locked. You have to flash back to 98.16 with the utility option 1. Root. Then use voodoo to protect root. Temp unroot. Update. Then restore root. Worked liked a charm. The motocolypse doesn't work though. So if you didn't unlock the boot loader prior to the update and you are on 98.18.78, you are s.o.l.

caibango

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what is Matt Utilities? I just join this forum.

sholmes

Reaction score
So I tried to install this, said failed, so I reset to factory, it still failed. I think it may have been from quarantined apps, which I unquarantined them all. Is there any way to flash an OEM image back on the RAZR so I can install the update? I have been searching and have had no luck. I wish it was as easy as my bionic was.

I tried restoring to default and I still can't get the update to install. So I let all the system apps upgrade themselves and signed into my gmail account. Figured, that was bare minimum. But still the installation keeps failing.

Before I stooped to this, I tried to find the upgrade file in the /cache directory but couldn't.

I'm a sad panda.

sholmes

Reaction score
So, I managed to get the Blur_Version.98.15.66.XT907.Verizon.en.US.zip onto my external SD card, went into recovery mode and tried to load it from there. I'm failing with this error:

asset failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/SmartActionFW.apk", "<long hex code>", "<another long hex code>")
Installation aborted

I'm going to do some more looking on the Googles but if anyone has a quick answer, it's much appreciated.