OTA Push 98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
So, I managed to get the Blur_Version.98.15.66.XT907.Verizon.en.US.zip onto my external SD card, went into recovery mode and tried to load it from there. I'm failing with this error:

asset failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/SmartActionFW.apk", "<long hex code>", "<another long hex code>")
Installation aborted

I'm going to do some more looking on the Googles but if anyone has a quick answer, it's much appreciated.

either that smart action app is missing or frozen (basically missing). i would be surprised if its there and just some how broken.

sholmes

Reaction score
either that smart action app is missing or frozen (basically missing). i would be surprised if its there and just some how broken.

Well, it's not one of the Apps I had frozen, I was actually using it (perish the thought) and I'd done a factory reset. Gone so far as to fastboot the boot.img and recovery.img back onto the device (the system.img wouldn't load for whatever reason). Downloaded VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.xml.zip from Droid-Developers SBF

I'm going to take the desperate measure of going to VZW and asking them why it won't load.

I feel so... inferior. ;)

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Well, it's not one of the Apps I had frozen, I was actually using it (perish the thought) and I'd done a factory reset. Gone so far as to fastboot the boot.img and recovery.img back onto the device (the system.img wouldn't load for whatever reason). Downloaded VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.xml.zip from Droid-Developers SBF

I'm going to take the desperate measure of going to VZW and asking them why it won't load.

I feel so... inferior. ;)

obviously, it thinks something is wrong with smart actions, that is why its failing, no question.
(i use SA 24/7 :) )
anyways, all they are going to do is factory reset it or send you a refirb, so you might as well flash it. the result for you will be the same except for you wont have someone else s old phone.
keep in mind, you will want to un-root it before you give it to them to play with, which will require flashing so, seems pointless to me to take it to vzw.

sholmes

Reaction score
obviously, it thinks something is wrong with smart actions, that is why its failing, no question.
(i use SA 24/7 :) )
anyways, all they are going to do is factory reset it or send you a refirb, so you might as well flash it. the result for you will be the same except for you wont have someone else s old phone.
keep in mind, you will want to un-root it before you give it to them to play with, which will require flashing so, seems pointless to me to take it to vzw.

I tried to flash it, it wouldn't take. And yes, I un-rooted, took it them and they're useless and sending me another one, which seems kind of pointless as I'm likely upgrading in a month or two. It is what it is.

sholmes

Reaction score
I tried to flash it, it wouldn't take. And yes, I un-rooted, took it them and they're useless and sending me another one, which seems kind of pointless as I'm likely upgrading in a month or two. It is what it is.

Now that I've had to think about this, I imagine you're suggesting flashing a custom ROM. I wouldn't have a problem with it if I'd had any luck flashing the stock ROM.

It's the system.img file that won't take. I believe it's just "fastboot flash system system.img" but I always get errors. So it makes me nervous to flash anything else if I can't unbrick the phone.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Now that I've had to think about this, I imagine you're suggesting flashing a custom ROM. I wouldn't have a problem with it if I'd had any luck flashing the stock ROM.

It's the system.img file that won't take. I believe it's just "fastboot flash system system.img" but I always get errors. So it makes me nervous to flash anything else if I can't unbrick the phone.

i was suggesting stock rom, not custom, but if you cant get it to flash its pointless.

when your new phone comes, i would suggest unlocking it right away if it hasnt been updated, that way you wont have to worry about flashing issues in the future.
that will void your warranty and cant be undone though.

sholmes

Reaction score
I'm getting dumber with age. I finally managed to get Blur_Version.98.15.66.XT907.Verizon.en.US.zip to load and realized, hey, it's not 98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US.

I also got my hands on Blur_Version.98.16.1.XT907.Verizon.en.US.zip but that didn't seem to help any.

Neverleft7

Reaction score
I'm assuming your trying to roll back your system version to regain root and that u have a locked boot loader? If that's the case u need to use the program that the guys over at droidrzr.com came up with it will roll u back and let u get root back if that's what your after let me know I'll post the link also let me know if you have the RAZR M or the RAZR HD/Maxx as its a diffent process

Neverleft7

Reaction score
Umm yah I'm a retard sorry thought I was on the last page and was only on page 3 and didn't see the rest of your posts lol so as I'm sure u did just ignore that post

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
When you reboot the phone do you get the bootloader unlocked warning message?

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

caibango

Reaction score
Nope, it boot normally. I follow the Matt Util and it didn't give me any notice that it didn't work. But when I boot I don't see anything different.

When you reboot the phone do you get the bootloader unlocked warning message?

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

trapt4orlife

Reaction score
Its not letting me download the new ota for my razr m it keeps saying fail. Its unlocked not rooted and has stock original recovery on it.

I am having software fail issues as well. I am locked and rooted though.

Salmo

Reaction score
I'm coming late to the party, but I've been on the road since the OTA Push 98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US. I got the undocking the SD card error and had the entire system reloaded by Verizon. That seemed to solve the problems until a couple of days ago. I was driving and the phone wouldn't let me adjust the ring volume. Without thinking, I cycled the phone off - on, thinking that would reset the system. What happened was the red Motorola M symbol showed on the screen and that was it. Nothing else for 10.5 hours. Couldn't restart or shut down. Fortunately, the battery was somewhat depleted when I hit the road so I left the phone sit in my console while I drove. 10.5 hours later, I looked down and the screen was finally black. Plugged it into the car charger and the battery charging symbol appeared. It restarted normally after a few minutes of charge. Has anyone else seen a similar problem? Has it ever happened a second time? Does this mean my M is FUBAR and needs to be replaced, or is this more of the OTA problem?