Update: Version: 1.3.380.MB870.Verizon.en.US

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Yeah luckily its been decent outside...last week or maybe week n a half ago it was a 5 day raining parade...and it was FREEZING. I put myself on house arrest for that week lol. As for this 2.3.4 build, still sketched out on the whole ROM/Rooting thing. Have never done it and dont want to BRICK it and loose my warrenty ya know? And as for this update I have been posting about, still nothing. I really am looking forward to this OTA...really miss my Magic Smoke Live-Wallpaper. And the few bugs would be nice to get rid of. (Glitched up camera.) I've got some shots of my DX2 in camera mode and you guys would laugh at how much of a software issue there is. But anyway, in other forums I've been posting no one has seemed to get this update yet as well...So I will keep informing as much as I know when I know it. Thanks again you two are the only ones that seem interested so far. Glad others are on deck with me! :)

pfilly

Reaction score
Yeah luckily its been decent outside...last week or maybe week n a half ago it was a 5 day raining parade...and it was FREEZING. I put myself on house arrest for that week lol. As for this 2.3.4 build, still sketched out on the whole ROM/Rooting thing. Have never done it and dont want to BRICK it and loose my warrenty ya know? And as for this update I have been posting about, still nothing. I really am looking forward to this OTA...really miss my Magic Smoke Live-Wallpaper. And the few bugs would be nice to get rid of. (Glitched up camera.) I've got some shots of my DX2 in camera mode and you guys would laugh at how much of a software issue there is. But anyway, in other forums I've been posting no one has seemed to get this update yet as well...So I will keep informing as much as I know when I know it. Thanks again you two are the only ones that seem interested so far. Glad others are on deck with me! :)

This isn't rooting or romming. This process is actually used by Motorola and Verizon to fix when they receive bad phones that are bricked. Once an sbf is released you no longer have to worry about being bricked because you can always use this process to revert your phone to its original state.

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
So would I SBF 2.3.3 or SBF 2.3.4? I'm on 2.3.3 (obviously) lol but they have 3 different SBF links. 1.) Froyo 2.2. 2.) 2.3.3. and 3.) 2.3.4. Seems you've done this before Pfilly, relying on your info lol.

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Thank you! Was starting the 2.3.4 download then cancelled cuz I wasnt sure lol. Looks like ill be downloading it when I get home. Im still not sure what the RDS lite is and how to "extract" the files. So if anyone knows, please tell. Sorry. Total noob here. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

beasleyj62

Reaction score
There are several tutorials on YouTube ....that's what helped me...if u get stuck p.m. me

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
There are several tutorials on YouTube ....that's what helped me...if u get stuck p.m. me

Cool. Thank you. I'll let you know if I run into troubles. Wish me luck. dancedroid

beasleyj62

Reaction score
No problem....we all started as noobs, I'm no xpert but I like to experiment. Don't mind sharing what knowledge I do have.

georgepetro

Reaction score
My X2 came with 1.3.232.MB870. I've read over this thread, but couldn't really tell how you update. Can some tell me how I can get the update?

Thanks,
George

georgepetro

Reaction score
I have 1.3.232.M870 and my phone doesn't show an available update. Is there anyway to force it to update?

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
I have 1.3.232.M870 and my phone doesn't show an available update. Is there anyway to force it to update?

As far as I know, you can't. But I do wish that Moto will hurry and make sure the update fix all or most of the bugs. I hate when I get a text message and not be notified. :/

ckburks

Reaction score
I actually updated to the 13380 and as long as you wipe after its a good update... Louder Talking to people and Another 20-30 more ram. Search install sbf and find the instructions on this forum... It was really easy and worth it.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Just a PSA to everyone: the soak test members just got hit with the update today. That means anyone who wants to be patient or just wait for the OTA should have it by sometime next week :) dancedroid