Update: Version: 1.3.380.MB870.Verizon.en.US

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Not me either so far!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Good to know G. At least I'm not alone lol. What state are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm wondering if this is being pushed out in markets. As I've heard others saying about certain updates they are "supposed" to recieve. My current system version is 1.3.232.MB870.Verizon.en.US (BTW) As I am pretty sure everyone else is? I have to say I've been very persistant on this update that i've been refreshing pages to see ANYTHING new and I have noticed that; I had found this whole update thing by going to this site: http://support.verizonwireless.com/information/software_updates.html Which list's all Verizon Android Phones and the update dates. As you may notice now if you click on this link it says an error or "under maintenance." But before this error had come up I was able to SEE all devices/dates and I had seen under Motorola: and DROID X2: the date clearly said 10/05/2011. So I was thrilled and clicked on it to find the URL of my first post. So I don't know WHATS going on but it is very clear an update awaits the DX2...anyones input is greatly appreciated on this update if anyone has gotten it and can tell us the specs. As I'm hoping this OTA fixes some of my issues as well as others...Thanks!:)

Last edited:

Gweevis

Reaction score
I had a DROID X before getting the X2 and the updates took two weeks before I got them on my phone. I live in Minnesota, suburb of St. Paul. I think the updates come out in batches to the phones a little at a time as to not flood the servers. My X2 has the same as yours also.

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
I had a DROID X before getting the X2 and the updates took two weeks before I got them on my phone. I live in Minnesota, suburb of St. Paul. I think the updates come out in batches to the phones a little at a time as to not flood the servers. My X2 has the same as yours also.

I've had the X as well...ended up getting 3 LN Replacements and they offered me n my girl to swap for any of the current 3G phones. I took the X2 and my girl got the INC2 (The one I shoulda went with.) Her's is flawless and running 2.3.4 already. But that sucks about getting updates 2 weeks after release...not sure how long after the release we were getting the GB updates and so forth. Good thing to look into now, thanks. Yeah I'm in Wisconsin near Illinoise boarder. Like hour away from Chicago. But good again to know I'm not alone on not recieving this update. I'm sure others arent as well cuz I've had hella views but no replies. Must be a BRAND NEW thing to be posting about...even google says I'm the first to be writing about it hahaha.

Gweevis

Reaction score
Good things come to those that wait....lol, I want it now! :D

DroidX2FreAk

Reaction score

This +1

OP
Trip3601211

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Still nothing here...10PM...bout to call it a night and dream of me waking up to a message stating, "new update available." Wish you all luck on receiving it as well. Keep posted. I will keep posted too on what I find out more tomorrow.

pfilly

Reaction score
I've had the X as well...ended up getting 3 LN Replacements and they offered me n my girl to swap for any of the current 3G phones. I took the X2 and my girl got the INC2 (The one I shoulda went with.) Her's is flawless and running 2.3.4 already. But that sucks about getting updates 2 weeks after release...not sure how long after the release we were getting the GB updates and so forth. Good thing to look into now, thanks. Yeah I'm in Wisconsin near Illinoise boarder. Like hour away from Chicago. But good again to know I'm not alone on not recieving this update. I'm sure others arent as well cuz I've had hella views but no replies. Must be a BRAND NEW thing to be posting about...even google says I'm the first to be writing about it hahaha.

Just moved near Janesville from the east coast. It's so cold out here! Luckily my Droids and my gf keep me warm. Nice weather as of late tho isn't it?

Gweevis

Reaction score
So the presoak can be downloaded, but how do you install after download?

pfilly

Reaction score
So the presoak can be downloaded, but how do you install after download?

You must download rsdlite on your computer. I believe the latest version is 5.4.3. You must also download the Moto drivers for your phone and make sure they match up with what operating system you have whether it's 32 or 64 bit. Plug on your phone and make sure rsdlite recognizes it. Click in the file button on rsdlute, find the sbf file and click "start." It takes about 10-15 minutes but it should have your phone running the latest.

Notice the soak test and the Verizon release are the same.