update stinks

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by zadam123, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zadam123

zadam123 New Member

I installed the 2.2 update and a few things happend. i lost my vibration feedback when typing. and lost about 40 megaboits of available memory, when i use my task killer i used to have 97 meg of memory but now after i kill my tasks i have 52 at most using the gallixy live wallpaper. and last but not least froyo isnt even on it.

is there anyting good on this update besides the 5 screens?
  2. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

ITs faster and has a bunch of updates i wont list. No need for taskkillers. that will free up some of your memory. (android OS doesnt need task killers)
  3. soldiee19d

soldiee19d New Member

I love 2.2 its very noticeable how much smoother it runs
  4. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Your post is a little confusing, FroYo is 2.2

The haptic feedback option is in settings/sounds

The android O/S has a very efficient task management program built in, if you are using a task killer it is actually working against your system and causing space and memory conflicts, uninstall the task killer and reboot your device, you should then see great improvements on speed and productivity from the O/S of your phone

There is a lot going on in 2.2 that you might not even notice, JIT Compiler makes your device 40% faster when launching apps and browsing, with apps2sd, you can put some apps on your sd card to save precious internal memory, flash capabilities, the lock screen has a plethora of new options and so much more..

keep us posted with your experience and any more questions feel free to ask :)
  5. zadam123

zadam123 New Member

If you don't need task killer why every time i turn on my phone programs pop up that i've never used before.
  6. nooter99

nooter99 New Member

Did my update 2 days ago, phones performance has plummeted! Very laggy, takes 3-5 seconds for home screen to redraw every time I come out of an app or return from browser. Keyboard can't keep up with my typing (laggy) and I don't even know how to type, so you can imagine how slow it is! Tried powering on/off, battery pull, cleared caches, no improvement. I'm running Launcher Pro, anyone have any suggestions? I'm really ticked off at this point, performance has decreased by at least 50%! Strange thing is, my quadrant score went from about 380 to like 850, not that I have any clue what that means! Can anyone help me get my phones performance back to the way it was?
  7. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Those ones that pop up aren't wasting memory
    As tparker and others have said. Get rid of the task killer. Andriod does not need it.

Trust us
  8. RMB5.5

RMB5.5 New Member

Having same exact issues, also running launcher pro.tried to switch back to default launcher and still ran like crap. Everything has been slowed down. Not a single benefit from this update :icon_evil:
  9. Cappuchica

Cappuchica New Member

So you're saying that Android as a whole doesn't need a Task Manager? Then every Verizon rep should know this because they even installed if FOR me on my phone saying my phone would die in an instant without it haha.
  10. ndhill1976

ndhill1976 New Member

That is exactly what we are saying, and Verizon reps as a whole are not nearly as knowlegable as the members of this forum are about android. They are just there to sell phones.

Here is a very good thread about task killers.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html
  11. ndhill1976

ndhill1976 New Member

For those that are having problems with new new update, after you get rid of your task killer, try doing a wipe. That should take care of any problems that you are having.

You will want to write down your accounts and free apps so you can redownload them afterwards.

It is supposed to remember your free apps, but I don't count on it. And yes there are ways to save your apps and settings and such, but this is just a simple solution.
  12. astevens54

astevens54 New Member

I noticed that my message notification when in vibrate don't vibrate anyone else?
  13. RMB5.5

RMB5.5 New Member

Wipe as in "factory data reset"?

Also I'm not using the task killer app
  14. zadam123

zadam123 New Member

It is set to on in the settings and still nothing
  15. rsdroid

rsdroid New Member

I don't know if this will help you, but I had the exact same problems initially. I think it may be caused by current and recent versions of Launcher Pro not working well with Froyo. I wound up going to LP site, and downloading a much older version (6.7.3). Since then, the lag and redraw problems are few and far between! I miss some of the features the later versions offer, but, everything is now snappy and stable! Love my Froyo!

Hope it helps!
  16. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

No problems with Froyo. Nor with LauncherPro (latest update). Phone boots about 3X faster than before. Much less "lagginess."

And as others have noted, get rid of task killers or at least stop using them except in an emergency. Don't rely on VZW sales folk for technical advice. Having "free memory" provides no advantage either in terms of performance or battery use.
  17. nooter99

nooter99 New Member

Can someone tell me what I can expect after a factory reset? Will I lose everything? I understand I can re-download all my apps and whatnot, but what about pics, music, lists, and everything thing else I've accumulated over the last 10 months. Seems like it would be an awful lot of work and I would never be able to get everything back to the way it is now! Is it just me that thinks it's ridiculous to have to do this because of an update? What kind of company thinks that's an ok way to do business? Honestly, I think it's nothing short of total bullsh*t!!!
  18. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

A factory reset does nothing to your sdcard. It only affects internal phone memory.
  19. astevens54

astevens54 New Member

I figured out my vibration issues, looks like during the update there may have been some changes to master notice and app notice setting.
  20. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

It's really not that big of a deal. Back up all your apps with astro file manager so you can put them back on after the factory reset. Nothing that is on your sd card gets touched so all pictures, etc, will still be there when you reboot. If you want to save your text messages download one of the sms backup apps from the market.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

4 3 android stinks

android update stinks

droid update stinks

galaxy s3 turn off underlining

galaxy s3 underline

how do i turn off underlining when emailing on my samsung ga

turn off underlining samsung galaxy s3