update stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

zadam123

Reaction score
I installed the 2.2 update and a few things happend. i lost my vibration feedback when typing. and lost about 40 megaboits of available memory, when i use my task killer i used to have 97 meg of memory but now after i kill my tasks i have 52 at most using the gallixy live wallpaper. and last but not least froyo isnt even on it.

is there anyting good on this update besides the 5 screens?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed the 2.2 update and a few things happend. i lost my vibration feedback when typing. and lost about 40 megaboits of available memory, when i use my task killer i used to have 97 meg of memory but now after i kill my tasks i have 52 at most using the gallixy live wallpaper. and last but not least froyo isnt even on it.

ITs faster and has a bunch of updates i wont list. No need for taskkillers. that will free up some of your memory. (android OS doesnt need task killers)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your post is a little confusing, FroYo is 2.2

The haptic feedback option is in settings/sounds

The android O/S has a very efficient task management program built in, if you are using a task killer it is actually working against your system and causing space and memory conflicts, uninstall the task killer and reboot your device, you should then see great improvements on speed and productivity from the O/S of your phone

There is a lot going on in 2.2 that you might not even notice, JIT Compiler makes your device 40% faster when launching apps and browsing, with apps2sd, you can put some apps on your sd card to save precious internal memory, flash capabilities, the lock screen has a plethora of new options and so much more..

keep us posted with your experience and any more questions feel free to ask :)

OP
Z

zadam123

Reaction score

ITs faster and has a bunch of updates i wont list. No need for taskkillers. that will free up some of your memory. (android OS doesnt need task killers)

If you don't need task killer why every time i turn on my phone programs pop up that i've never used before.

nooter99

Reaction score
Did my update 2 days ago, phones performance has plummeted! Very laggy, takes 3-5 seconds for home screen to redraw every time I come out of an app or return from browser. Keyboard can't keep up with my typing (laggy) and I don't even know how to type, so you can imagine how slow it is! Tried powering on/off, battery pull, cleared caches, no improvement. I'm running Launcher Pro, anyone have any suggestions? I'm really ticked off at this point, performance has decreased by at least 50%! Strange thing is, my quadrant score went from about 380 to like 850, not that I have any clue what that means! Can anyone help me get my phones performance back to the way it was?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

If you don't need task killer why every time i turn on my phone programs pop up that i've never used before.

Those ones that pop up aren't wasting memory
As tparker and others have said. Get rid of the task killer. Andriod does not need it.

Trust us

RMB5.5

Reaction score
Did my update 2 days ago, phones performance has plummeted! Very laggy, takes 3-5 seconds for home screen to redraw every time I come out of an app or return from browser. Keyboard can't keep up with my typing (laggy) and I don't even know how to type, so you can imagine how slow it is! Tried powering on/off, battery pull, cleared caches, no improvement. I'm running Launcher Pro, anyone have any suggestions? I'm really ticked off at this point, performance has decreased by at least 50%! Strange thing is, my quadrant score went from about 380 to like 850, not that I have any clue what that means! Can anyone help me get my phones performance back to the way it was?

Having same exact issues, also running launcher pro.tried to switch back to default launcher and still ran like crap. Everything has been slowed down. Not a single benefit from this update :icon_evil:

Cappuchica

Reaction score

As tparker and others have said. Get rid of the task killer. Andriod does not need it.

Trust us

So you're saying that Android as a whole doesn't need a Task Manager? Then every Verizon rep should know this because they even installed if FOR me on my phone saying my phone would die in an instant without it haha.

ndhill1976

Reaction score

Trust us

So you're saying that Android as a whole doesn't need a Task Manager? Then every Verizon rep should know this because they even installed if FOR me on my phone saying my phone would die in an instant without it haha.

That is exactly what we are saying, and Verizon reps as a whole are not nearly as knowlegable as the members of this forum are about android. They are just there to sell phones.

Here is a very good thread about task killers.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

ndhill1976

Reaction score
For those that are having problems with new new update, after you get rid of your task killer, try doing a wipe. That should take care of any problems that you are having.

You will want to write down your accounts and free apps so you can redownload them afterwards.

It is supposed to remember your free apps, but I don't count on it. And yes there are ways to save your apps and settings and such, but this is just a simple solution.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I noticed that my message notification when in vibrate don't vibrate anyone else?

RMB5.5

Reaction score
Wipe as in "factory data reset"?

Also I'm not using the task killer app

OP
Z

zadam123

Reaction score
Your post is a little confusing, FroYo is 2.2

The haptic feedback option is in settings/sounds

keep us posted with your experience and any more questions feel free to ask :)

It is set to on in the settings and still nothing

rsdroid

Reaction score

I don't know if this will help you, but I had the exact same problems initially. I think it may be caused by current and recent versions of Launcher Pro not working well with Froyo. I wound up going to LP site, and downloading a much older version (6.7.3). Since then, the lag and redraw problems are few and far between! I miss some of the features the later versions offer, but, everything is now snappy and stable! Love my Froyo!

Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.