update stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianes99

Reaction score
2.2 works fine for me

1) I had feedback turned off, it was turned on during update (easy fix, and perhaps the reason it reset was that I had turned it off through a homescreen replacement)

2) phone seams a little faster

3) i love the new camera controls.

other than that, not much difference.

bernardino5

Reaction score
Trust us remove the tsk killer u don't need it I did and have no problem with my batt or anything else for that matter runs smoothly and the key vibration is still in the settings the only feature we lost is to silence it or if I'm mistaken someone please correct me,but 2.2 is froyo if u have stock Dsroid 1 and want adobe flash 10.1 download it manually from this site just search it no need to b roote I did it but first go to settings-applications-check the first option witch will let u download apps from other markets

bernardino5

Reaction score
Also after browsing and to close all the windows when in the browser go to menu-windows and all the sites will appear just press the x to the right and they will close just like the task killer would do.

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
any other suggestions on swype. I tried downloading again. no luck. I have also lost all my play lists in the music section. songs remain but what a pain!! I am not liking 2.2

bernardino5

Reaction score
Everything is as it was on 2.1 even my playlists but I'm thinking that it was because of launcher pro, I had launcher pro when I had 2.1 and I kept it on pro rather then the stock launcher but if u chose stock launcher it resets everything to manufacturer settings look into launcher pro you'll like it.

RMB5.5

Reaction score
After much hesitation, I Did the factory reset and it was surprising painless. I didn't use astro to back up my apps but they were backed up through my gmail account. After the reset the market automatically started downloading the apps again. Although I didn't lose any pics or music, I did lose the play lists. Everything seems to be running much smoother

Badbird2000

Reaction score
Did the re-boot myself Friday night after backing everything up.. very easy, thanks to the guys on here. The phone flat-out hauls butt now.. very happy! And i dumped the app killer too... dancedroid

w27bill

Reaction score
@ bernardino5, Question, comment.
A) I don't run Task Killer, BUT I DO run Advanced TAsk CLEANER. Is that the same, better, worse than Advanced TAsk KILLER? Or, since you say "Trust us remove the tsk killer u don't need it", then would you suggest that I also remove my TAsk Cleaner?
B) I am also BUMMED that no the volume control on side of Droid does not go all the way DOWN TO "SILENT". Lowest it goes now is Vibrate. Too bad. Disapointing.
Thank you.

MikeyDroid

Reaction score
Silent set at power-on

Hi all, I have searched around prior to posting this but cannot find out why everytime I turn my phone on it is set to 'silent'. Must reset my ringtone(using one of the defaults).

Also noticed that I no longer get a notification tone when plugging in the USB and the phone vibrates at shutdown, used to do my notification tone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Mike

dylanthecat

Reaction score
@ bernardino5, Question, comment.
A) I don't run Task Killer, BUT I DO run Advanced TAsk CLEANER. Is that the same, better, worse than Advanced TAsk KILLER? Or, since you say "Trust us remove the tsk killer u don't need it", then would you suggest that I also remove my TAsk Cleaner?
B) I am also BUMMED that no the volume control on side of Droid does not go all the way DOWN TO "SILENT". Lowest it goes now is Vibrate. Too bad. Disapointing.
Thank you.

B) Change the setting under sound to vibrate only when not in silent mode. They just gave us more options with the sound/vibrate.

w27bill

Reaction score
Silent Mode & Vibrate options....

Thank yo Dylan for the reply.
I've done that "Change the setting under sound to vibrate only when not in silent mode, and now it DOES give me the option to turn the side volume bar all the way down to Silent - BUT - now it does not give the option for "VIBRATE".
Before the update, I could control the ringer volume down to Vibrate and ALSO silent, WITHOUT having to go into Settings each time I wanted to choose the other option.
It seems like it's one or the other (Silent or Vibrate) since the update.
Too bad:icon_frown:, i totally utilized and enjoyed the option of either Silent or Vibrate at the touch of my thumb.
Oh well, besides that, I haven't notieced much diff at all since the 2.2 update.
Moto Droid 2.2:motdroidvert:

Status
Not open for further replies.