Update release at 8 pm tonight

plongson

Reaction score
Finally got the update. Swayed back and forth worrying about losing the Hotspot, but..I still have it and got no notice to pay up for extended service...Lucky me!

Can't find some of the new extras like cdma on/off, people search, landscape clock app, etc...any links to this stuff?

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
Finally got the update. Swayed back and forth worrying about losing the Hotspot, but..I still have it and got no notice to pay up for extended service...Lucky me!

Can't find some of the new extras like cdma on/off, people search, landscape clock app, etc...any links to this stuff?

I'm not sure about cdma, but you can turn LTE on/off. Settings / wireless & networks / mobile networks / network mode. Then you can choose LTE/cdma or cdma only.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

tkdghk0831

Reaction score
Is this update not available for rooted TBs??

My TB is rooted and whenever I try "check new" I get "Server Unavailable" :(

TBOLT132

Reaction score
Is there no more free hot spot for the Thunderbolt anymore? I downloaded the new software and it gave me a new icon for the hot spot but said I had to sign up for the plan and its $30. If I wouldn't have downloaded the new software would I still be able to get the hot spit for free?
___Thanks

wardo

Reaction score
Updated last night. Phone seems the same. A little smoother navigating through pages and opening apps. The 3g 4g changes alot more than before.

I ran a speed test on the 4g, results were weak. 3.1 upload 2.3 download before I had tested in the 20's and high teens.

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
Is this update not available for rooted TBs??

My TB is rooted and whenever I try "check new" I get "Server Unavailable" :(

Don't ever accept an OTA when rooted. Instead find the rooted version put out by a dev

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
Is there no more free hot spot for the Thunderbolt anymore? I downloaded the new software and it gave me a new icon for the hot spot but said I had to sign up for the plan and its $30. If I wouldn't have downloaded the new software would I still be able to get the hot spit for free?
___Thanks

This update had two goals, bug fixes and end the free hotspot promo.

emptypaperheart

Reaction score
Well I have unlimited data so even if I don't upgrade and they still charge me it wont affect me will it?

Should I just update and call them to activate my hotspot?

rockula

Reaction score
I had rampant reboots with my first TBolt, then got a new one thru my insurance plan, and it only every now and then will reboot... which is much more tolerable. Before it was all the time. But since I do get an occasional reboot, I wonder if I should DL this? I don't use Hotspot, but I've heard from others that it didn't fix their rebooting problem.

I'm convinced that some of the rebooting problems are caused by apps. When I got my new phone, battery life was excellent. As I went thru and installed some of the app's I typically use, battery life started to drop quickly. I don't use a Task Killer app anymore either.

I'm half tempted to do a Hard Rest and start over again because the Market app/or the Info on my SD card, restored almost all of my app's. I just had to "run them" for the first time over again. So some of them I chose not to, but they are still on my phone. I'd like to start over and somehow only install the app's that I want, rather than having them ALL restored.

I'm also experiementing with putting my app's on the SD card with App2SD and so far so good. I'm not sure what it does any differently than doing it via the app's section though. I'm also really digging Astro File Mgr. I have the hardest time figuring out where things I download actually go. They don't end up in a "downloads" folder like a computer, but instead the DL folder of that particular app. Astro makes it easy to find that stuff. That's the only thing I don't like about these phones. As far as I know, you can't have a folder where all your pictures, music, pdf's, files, etc end up, and then easily open that folder to find what you want... like a computer.

So, until I hear otherwise, I'm going to hold off on this OTA update (which just popped up for me an hour ago).

j

bases1616

Reaction score
I had rampant reboots with my first TBolt, then got a new one thru my insurance plan, and it only every now and then will reboot... which is much more tolerable. Before it was all the time. But since I do get an occasional reboot, I wonder if I should DL this? I don't use Hotspot, but I've heard from others that it didn't fix their rebooting problem.

I'm convinced that some of the rebooting problems are caused by apps. When I got my new phone, battery life was excellent. As I went thru and installed some of the app's I typically use, battery life started to drop quickly. I don't use a Task Killer app anymore either.

I'm half tempted to do a Hard Rest and start over again because the Market app/or the Info on my SD card, restored almost all of my app's. I just had to "run them" for the first time over again. So some of them I chose not to, but they are still on my phone. I'd like to start over and somehow only install the app's that I want, rather than having them ALL restored.

I'm also experiementing with putting my app's on the SD card with App2SD and so far so good. I'm not sure what it does any differently than doing it via the app's section though. I'm also really digging Astro File Mgr. I have the hardest time figuring out where things I download actually go. They don't end up in a "downloads" folder like a computer, but instead the DL folder of that particular app. Astro makes it easy to find that stuff. That's the only thing I don't like about these phones. As far as I know, you can't have a folder where all your pictures, music, pdf's, files, etc end up, and then easily open that folder to find what you want... like a computer.

So, until I hear otherwise, I'm going to hold off on this OTA update (which just popped up for me an hour ago).

j
My phone was rebooting at least twice a day and since I installed the new FW update last Saturday not one reboot. Also, my phone is running a lot smoother:) But I still cannot wait for Gingerrbread. I liked GB on my Droid 1 when I had it rooted last year. It helped the battery life and the functionality of the phone was smoother.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Figured I ask since my fiance has the TB and I don't check the TB forums but when is the latest we should see the update? Did a majority of people already get it?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
I got it on my phone Friday night, when the update was released. My wife's phone didn't get it on her phone until Wednesday night.

spindizzy

Reaction score
I don't have the update as of yet either. I have called Verizon and flashed the *#*# code, switched to just cdma, and pulled the battery and sin. I still get the message looking for updates then the message disappears. Clueless.... Just going to keep trying I guess. Wait for the stores to get it and have them push it there. Any other suggestions?