Rooting TB Tonight

agt7575

Reaction score
I am rooting the Tb tonight. I have the latest ADB-sdk files, and I also have the BAMF Sence3 Rc4 fies.

I have been searching teh forums for the other files needed to root, but it seems that every thread I look at links to differenr files.

I just want a link to the latest and greatest files I need to root. I need the downgrade PG05IMG.zip for the first step of the root.

I also need a link to the latest files"

1) The nestest MR.

2) The latest MR & Rom in case if I dont want to put BAMF on teh phone right now. I.E. I want to have the same android system and radio that I have now (I downloaded and installed the 07/08 OTA).

Basically I just want to have the firmwares and all I have now after installing the OTA this past weekend, but the phone being rooted. Once I get through that, I will install BAMF listed above, so I guess I will also need teh file containing the newest radio ONLY?

I am following this guide, but the files listed are from April 2011.

Updated (4/21/2011): [Exclusive] How To Root The HTC ThunderBolt And Unlock Its Bootloader

Thanks everyone.

ziggy484

Reaction score
I am rooting the Tb tonight. I have the latest ADB-sdk files, and I also have the BAMF Sence3 Rc4 fies.

I have been searching teh forums for the other files needed to root, but it seems that every thread I look at links to differenr files.

I just want a link to the latest and greatest files I need to root. I need the downgrade PG05IMG.zip for the first step of the root.

1) The nestest MR.

2) The latest MR & Rom in case if I dont want to put BAMF on teh phone right now. I.E. I want to have the same android system and radio that I have now (I downloaded and installed the 07/08 OTA).

Basically I just want to have the firmwares and all I have now after installing the OTA this past weekend, but the phone being rooted. Once I get through that, I will install BAMF listed above, so I guess I will also need teh file containing the newest radio ONLY?

Updated (4/21/2011): [Exclusive] How To Root The HTC ThunderBolt And Unlock Its Bootloader

Thanks everyone.

I would do a little more research about rooting the newest firmware... what you have from April there may no longer apply. I used "auto root", search for that, it does all the downgrading/upgrading for you... but I wasn't on the latest firmware either. Once you're rooted the possiblities are endless, so you can always flash your way back to what you are running now.

just noticed, there is a thread about your exact question...
Root Thunderbolt AFTER 06/08 OTA update

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

1) The nestest MR.

Thanks everyone.

I would do a little more research about rooting the newest firmware... what you have from April there may no longer apply. I used "auto root", search for that, it does all the downgrading/upgrading for you... but I wasn't on the latest firmware either. Once you're rooted the possiblities are endless, so you can always flash your way back to what you are running now.

just noticed, there is a thread about your exact question...
Root Thunderbolt AFTER 06/08 OTA update

I'm sure OP is well aware of that other thread. ;)