1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting TB Tonight

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by agt7575, Jul 13, 2011.

1. agt7575

agt7575 New Member

I am rooting the Tb tonight. I have the latest ADB-sdk files, and I also have the BAMF Sence3 Rc4 fies.

I have been searching teh forums for the other files needed to root, but it seems that every thread I look at links to differenr files.

I just want a link to the latest and greatest files I need to root. I need the downgrade PG05IMG.zip for the first step of the root.

I also need a link to the latest files"

1) The nestest MR.

2) The latest MR & Rom in case if I dont want to put BAMF on teh phone right now. I.E. I want to have the same android system and radio that I have now (I downloaded and installed the 07/08 OTA).

Basically I just want to have the firmwares and all I have now after installing the OTA this past weekend, but the phone being rooted. Once I get through that, I will install BAMF listed above, so I guess I will also need teh file containing the newest radio ONLY?

I am following this guide, but the files listed are from April 2011.

Updated (4/21/2011): [Exclusive] How To Root The HTC ThunderBolt And Unlock Its Bootloader

Thanks everyone.
  2. AlexSB

AlexSB New Member

This is the guide I used:
    [RS Guide] How to Root Your Thunderbolt

The only thing about it is, you end up flashing MR1 radio. But you can easily flash MR2 after you flash BAMF Sense 3.0 (That's what I'm running, great ROM btw)
  3. ziggy484

ziggy484 New Member

I would do a little more research about rooting the newest firmware... what you have from April there may no longer apply. I used "auto root", search for that, it does all the downgrading/upgrading for you... but I wasn't on the latest firmware either. Once you're rooted the possiblities are endless, so you can always flash your way back to what you are running now.

just noticed, there is a thread about your exact question...
    Root Thunderbolt AFTER 06/08 OTA update
  4. pdroid

pdroid New Member

I'm sure OP is well aware of that other thread. ;)