Update release at 8 pm tonight

radcat

Reaction score
Is this update not available for rooted TBs??

My TB is rooted and whenever I try "check new" I get "Server Unavailable" :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Don't ever accept an OTA when rooted. Instead find the rooted version put out by a dev

I'm a noob and accepted the OTA even though I'm rooted. What do I do now? My phone keeps rebooting and gets a failed signature message in ClockworkMod Recovery v3.1.0.2. Is there an update.zip that is available for root users that I can stick on my SD card? Thanks in advance.

My wife has a rooted TB (stock ROM), is out of town and I got a panic phone call last after she tried to install the update. She got several "failed" lines from Clockwork. I got her to pull the battery, reboot and reject the update. Seems to be working fine now. I will load another ROM this weekend.

kumicho

Reaction score
Dear Verizon,

I'll download that update WHEN IT CONTAINS GINGERBREAD AND NOT BEFORE!!!!

:cus:

I canceled it once, and it was trying to do it a second time a short while later.

kar

Reaction score
I updated and it fixed my random reboot issue. Battery life absolutely sucked for the first couple of days but it is actualy better now! Hope it stays that way.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Is the mobile hotspot option now that no longer free $20 or $30 a month for all us that bought the TB back before July, I heard 20 for new users after 6 July, if true and you get the hotspot now it was never really never free to us, was more a delayed $10 now that hit us for 30, and newbies 20

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I signed up for mobile hotspot near the beginning of August for $30 mo. with unlimited data. I also have data plan as unlimited phone data for $29.99. Works pretty good as alternative to home DSL, etc. for me right now. My main usage for tethering the laptop is email, some internet and posting homework for college. I signed with VZW in April this year, sometime just after the TB was released.

So, just curious, do I see both data usages on bill or a combination? And do they throttle? Am at 4.143GB usage with 6-7 days to go. :icon_eek: And this is with no 4G except testing that I saw at beginning of month; have since moved further north by 12 miles, btw.

DroidStang

Reaction score
I dont think they will throttle your usage the combination is the phone use and the hot spot use I think. Cause I used the pdanet, was on travel and tethered for 7 hours a day for 3 weeks, had 40 GB use, did not see a slow down nor did they mail me and say hey what are you doing, the only reason I went ahead and added the 30.00 a month hotspot was just bought a iPad2 and is a better option since I will be able to use iPad through my 4G connection on my TB instead of purchasing the 30 $ a month as you go, I had guys at work say they would give me 5 bucks a month if can jump on my hotspot once in awhile, also did not see when signed up for hotspot a GB limit as I saw for the $30 a month 2gb as you go plan, thus why took hotspot, is there a limit on hotspot?

kumicho

Reaction score
Oh man, Verizon is getting desperate to get this release pushed out. I've rejected it constantly (it keeps trying to install, probably at least once per day), and this morning I got something new: New download from Verizon, and my only options are to either a) accept or b) *defer* it to sometime later today. WTF? They can't give me my goddammed Gingerbread and yet they're adamant about pushing through an update that I neither need nor want?

DroidStang

Reaction score
They will keep pushing that update down until you accept, and if you use the free hotspot and or tether option they will bill you for what I was told more than normal usage on a phone, if I were you and not trying to support a iPad get pdanet or other tethering software they don't track, I only signed up for the $30 Nazi plan cause iPad and pdanet don't mix

jseah

Reaction score
also did not see when signed up for hotspot a GB limit as I saw for the $30 a month 2gb as you go plan, thus why took hotspot, is there a limit on hotspot?

If you sign up for mobile hotspot on a 4G phone, you pay $10 more ($30 versus $20), but you get unlimited usage versus 2GB per month.

DroidStang

Reaction score
So you did as I did, when signed up it says something like removing this plan adding new plan , so it is unlimited?

jseah

Reaction score
So you did as I did, when signed up it says something like removing this plan adding new plan , so it is unlimited?

Back when I signed up for it (first half of July, right after tiered data went into effect), the only option available online was the 2GB tethering plan. You actually had to call into CS to have them add it (and in the very beginning many CSR's didn't even know about the unlimited tethering. From what I can tell it is unlimited. The feature doesn't say unlimited in the name though, it says "4G Mobile Hotspot".

jseah

Reaction score
Well hope unlimited cause 2gb is nothing

I'm pretty sure it is....after all, they are charging us $10 more a month versus someone with a 3G phone who is getting 2GB per month for $10. And if you qualify for a data discount, then you get that as well (20% off for me).

manthco2005

Reaction score
You should be able to see both usage. And VZW doesn't throttle.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Both data plans unlimited.

The store rep told me specifically my phone's hotspot/tether is unlimited for $30, that's on top of the phone data for $29.99, unlimited as well. Hope the info helps.