Update release at 8 pm tonight

kparks

Reaction score
It's hard to download the update when it's been 4 days and your phone never even gives you the option to download it. :icon_evil:

They roll it out in waves I assume so if there are major problems they can pull the update... But most every1 should have it by now when u hit updates what does it say service unavailable?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

My phone the update screen just goes blank, Tuesday will it be forced to update? I even tries to manually update and still no luck. I'm getting frustrated my phone keep dropping 4G to 1X.

Have u tried WiFi.

jseah

Reaction score
My phone the update screen just goes blank, Tuesday will it be forced to update? I even tries to manually update and still no luck. I'm getting frustrated my phone keep dropping 4G to 1X.

Still no update for me either, but I don't have the 4G to 1X problem

Does yours even check for updates or not? Like mine

I got the update on my Thunderbolt on Friday. My wife's Thunderbolt still hasn't gotten the update yet. Every time I try, the "looking for update" window appears and then disappears.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
You guys release this "fix" is probably just getting rid of the free mobile hot spot and giving people on thunderbolt forums something to talk about right?

One person says something about the hot spot now everyone is complaining about it Geeze.... I have the update and still get free hot spot and u really think VZW couldn't disable ur hot spot anyway lol sometimes u guys make me feel so smart... :)

yes verizon 100% absolutely can diasble your hot spot via an OTA update. You could do anything to system properties via ota update. They could push a entire different OS if they wanted to. You think it isn't extremely easy to disable the hot spot or any other feature through software?

Verizon could turn your phone into a brick via OTA update if they were so inclined.

Everyone isn't saying this because someone posted it after the update. People have all said from the beginning that there woul be an update to diasble the hotspot.

I honestly thought they would be able to disable the hotspot (on unrooted phones) without the need for an update but it seems they set it up in a way inwhich the hot spot is controlled locally rather than on the network level.

The update may fix the problem for some people but i have read enough online and have experimented with radios and MRs enough on my own to know this update doesn't fix the big picture.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

TerrenceL

Reaction score
My menu still just closes after checking. Haven't had the problems other people had so maybe I shouldn't bother wit the update anyway.

T-Fleezee's Thunderbolt

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
OK SO DID THE UPDATE GET RID OF FREE TETHERING OR DID IT JUST CHANGE THE ICON? I want to know before I restore to stock for the update
"bwwaahhh ttsssss"

DroidStang

Reaction score
Free tethering ? The hotspot icon you mean? It looks different, but still under apps, but no free stuff anymore though I have pdanet, paid version, still works,

DroidStang

Reaction score
I was always wireless was for rooted, I always use the does, works dine still

MTBryan

Reaction score
Yes the new OTA update changed the hotspot icon and when you click that icon it displays a message saying to call Verizon customer service to add the wifi hotspot to your plan.
So, no more free hotspot capability for un-rooted users.
However, as another poster pointed out, Pdanet still works fine so Verizon won't be getting any more money out of me for teathering.

Sent from my TBolt

ChodeNode

Reaction score
Is anybody hosting the most recent OTA? I saw a post in here that said Droid-Life had it, but I checked over there and found nothing but news posts about it.

neoasp

Reaction score
They roll it out in waves I assume so if there are major problems they can pull the update... But most every1 should have it by now when u hit updates what does it say service unavailable?

Have u tried WiFi.

I've 2 TB's..same hardware (0002) and was having same problem (update disappears) until yesterday. I swapped my wife's SIM card into my TB (and viceversa) and both phones latched onto 1X (Although we are in 4G coverage) and update kicked off at 1st attempt...Hope this helps...

adt1982

Reaction score
My menu still just closes after checking. Haven't had the problems other people had so maybe I shouldn't bother wit the update anyway.

T-Fleezee's Thunderbolt

Mine does the same, but I have had a terrible problem with restarting.

Reaction score
4G/3G switch added in settings

Now there is a way to switch between 4g and 3g in the phone settings with out using Phone Info or LTE On/Off. Under mobile network settings they added a Network mode option where you can choose between LTE/CDMA or CDMA only. Hopefully this means there will be a true one touch 4G/3G widget available soon.

TerrenceL

Reaction score
I FINALLY got my update! Being a heavy music listener I'm loving the bass boost!

T-Fleezee's Thunderbolt