Update for Bionic Pics

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
If the bionic comes with gb then there will be no root since there isnt a root method for the stock ota ypdate atleast not that i know of.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Dunno why everyones so touchy about this. If vzw allows it (if the dont all the moto anger shifts to vzw) then theyll either push an ota eventually, or release the source code to let the dev community get it done faster. Im COMPLETELY satisfied fiddling with gingerblur for a few months while they straighten it out. Id like to know the hardware will last before i void the warranty.

The first few months can be served with adjusting to dual core lte, then when it gets root, rom it and oc the f*ck outta it. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

If there is no root method for stock gb why do you assume there will be one for when the droid bionic comes out? Usually we wouldve have one click methods or some form to root stock gb by now but the only way to achieve root is with sbf or if you was on froyo flash 3 zips method i hope they will have root by then but at the moment i dont see root happening for stock gb users.

OP
JerseyFirefighter
Reaction score
If the bionic comes with gb then there will be no root since there isnt a root method for the stock ota ypdate atleast not that i know of.

Dunno why everyones so touchy about this. If vzw allows it (if the dont all the moto anger shifts to vzw) then theyll either push an ota eventually, or release the source code to let the dev community get it done faster. Im COMPLETELY satisfied fiddling with gingerblur for a few months while they straighten it out. Id like to know the hardware will last before i void the warranty.

The first few months can be served with adjusting to dual core lte, then when it gets root, rom it and oc the f*ck outta it. :)

If there is no root method for stock gb why do you assume there will be one for when the droid bionic comes out? Usually we wouldve have one click methods or some form to root stock gb by now but the only way to achieve root is with sbf or if you was on froyo flash 3 zips method i hope they will have root by then but at the moment i dont see root happening for stock gb users.

They are working on a root method. If they dont have it by or a few months post release, why not allow the modding community take a crack at it. There are more talented devs out there than in any mobile dev company. Whats not to understand with my previous answer?

Aldroid33

Reaction score
Agreed, need Root before we buy the Bionic. Otherwise why bother?
:icon_evil::icon_evil:

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Agreed, need Root before we buy the Bionic. Otherwise why bother?
:icon_evil::icon_evil:

Thats what im saying like i was telling the other guy gb been out almost a month and still no sign of a potential root method yet and the bionic is.supposed to be on 2.3.4 when released and no root method because of the new bootloader it will be preety much a regular phone in a way im sure it will be fine if there is no root method but it would be great if we have root for when the device drops.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I am not a person that roots my phone. But didn't they root the DX which had a Locked Boot loader. I do not see them having a problem rooting the Bionic when it gets released.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
I am not a person that roots my phone. But didn't they root the DX which had a Locked Boot loader. I do not see them having a problem rooting the Bionic when it gets released.

The droid x had froyo which was simple to root gingerbread is a different story

OP
JerseyFirefighter
Reaction score

Wasnt the xoom rooted with GB? If it has froyo i apologize. Even if the bootloader was unlocked, the unlocking of the bootloader is only an ota update away from fixing the only issue.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score

Wasnt the xoom rooted with GB? If it has froyo i apologize. Even if the bootloader was unlocked, the unlocking of the bootloader is only an ota update away from fixing the only issue.

The xoom is on honeycomb not gb

bigdad63

Reaction score
Like to root to remove bloatware and underclock to save battery life.