Unbricking Your Droid X

validoption

Reaction score
Though, people should also be advised to read everything thoroughly. There are directions for how to easily un-theme your phone, as well as for how to remove files created by bootstrapper. Errors can easily be avoided, and percentages of SBF flashing can be greatly reduced.

sruel3216

Reaction score
i got to 2.2 and i wasnt rooted anymore. so i did the sbf again to go back to 2.1. now i get a bootloop. i did sbf again. still getting bootloop.

HELP PLEASE

rufaro

Reaction score
Awesome guide, but my problem is I can't get the phone to do much of anything. I tried the camera/volume/power combo and all I get is a brief flash of light, then nothing. Or does this only work with the X...? Mine's just a plain old MotoDroid. Oh well...Verizon's sending me a new one tomorrow...

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Anyone know of a stock update.zip that I can apply to get back to 604? I had 928 black glass theme on my phone and will not allow me to update to 2.2...

Used 928 return to stock zip but that places you on the first version of the X software before 604 and am getting errors when trying to update to the 604 software.

also tried Fabulous return to stock but that did not return all 928's themed stuff back to stock so I get weird blur errors when trying to update

If anyone can help that would be awesome... Did not remove any items from phone

ArchAngel

Reaction score
1st shot 100% awesome guide now lets see if it fixed my issue, screwed up keyboard and my mediagallery.apk

mediagallery.apk fixed screwed up keyboard not fixed :( damn

Last edited:

Nemock

Reaction score
RSD Failing the Flash

Also PMed you this, thought I'd share with the rest of the thread in case someone else is having the same.

I can get into bootloader, RSD successfully shows the file and starts the process, but fails with this error:
"Failed Flashing Proicess. Failed Flashing Process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (0x703B); phone connected"

Nemock

Reaction score
Also PMed you this, thought I'd share with the rest of the thread in case someone else is having the same.

I can get into bootloader, RSD successfully shows the file and starts the process, but fails with this error:
"Failed Flashing Proicess. Failed Flashing Process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (0x703B); phone connected"

Nevermind... I forgot, rather completely missed, that I needed to apply the RSD patchfile.... Working now and recovering.

Nemock

Reaction score
Did this and now the phone isn't activated. I'm wiping user data and cache as we speak. Hopefully it'll fix the issue.

wgoeken

Reaction score
I'm having a very troublesome issue.

After RSD flashes the SBF file, it sits at this for a moment:
Interface BP: Loading RAM Downloader for Bootloader
Executed: 97%

Afterwards, it leaves me a wonderful little note:
Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Interface BP: Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API Error: 0xE0030009 Address: 0x19EC00 Command: ADDR (0xE0231009); phone connected.

From this point, I'm stuck in a boot loop.
Any insight into this issue?

---EDIT----

So, I figured that there was no harm in trying this on another computer.
RSD showed no errors, and it made it to the point where it rebooted my phone. The progress percentage continued to climb until it instructed me to manually power my phone, but the phone was stuck in a boot loop the entire time RSD told me that it was rebooting.

Last edited:

freebird_78

Reaction score
Same thing here. Had 2.2 running, but lost root, so I decided to SBF back, root and re-froyo. Well, RSD reports rebooting, no errors, but I just have a boot loop now.

Pre SBF to get to Froyo was fine, but now it's crap. Only thing I can think of is that while attempting (fruitlessly) to root Froyo, I updated to 4.6.5 moto drivers. Might try uninstalling and reusing 4.6.0 drivers.

Last edited:

validoption

Reaction score
Did this and now the phone isn't activated. I'm wiping user data and cache as we speak. Hopefully it'll fix the issue.

You'll need to reactivate after flashing a .SBF file. Dial *228 option 1.

freebird_78

Reaction score
So I was stuck in boot loop for 2.1 SBF, got no where, finally got into bootloader menu (rather than recovery), and re-froyoing worked.

wgoeken

Reaction score
Well, I've got wonderful news for both of us, freebird_78:

Boot your phone into recovery mode (by holding the power button and the home button simultaneously, then pressing the search button when the Android image appears).
Perform a data wipe / factory reset, let it work its magic, then reboot your phone.

Now, you just need to reactivate your phone!