Unbricking Your Droid X

vzwtek

Reaction score
I just want to add a little input about activation after unbricking your X.

After I resurrected my phone, I tried calling *228 and programming OTA. Like a lot of other unbrickers, I was not able to activate this way - the recording told me to talk to a customer service rep. So, I headed over to the Verizon store and talked to a tech about reactivating. He tried *228, got the same error message that I did, and sent me off with the VZ activation and customer service toll-free numbers.

After calling customer service (the activation number was unable to program my phone), I found out that when unbricking your droid, there is no "order" placed for reactivation of the droid. Reactivation must be done manually via the customer service toll-free #. I don't remember the number offhand, but if someone needs it or if this should be added to the OP, then I can find and post it.

(What a nightmare this all was...!)

Yea I've seen a few people talk about stuff like this on the forums but wasn't sure what to make of it since my phone activated just fine. I just want to be clear, when you fixed your phone did you lose all of your apps etc? If not, I wonder if its because I did a factory reset on my phone and maybe that was the reason my phone activated okay.

Edited for poor wording

Alot of the time you need to do *22800, device may not activate due to it not being able to lock on to a specific channel. Once the esn is acive in the system. The provisioning should have taken place.

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
I thought i was a goner, but you saved my ass. I owe you a beer : D

I was worried for a second I was going to have to to back to using my :blackberry:

if your fix isnt working, it is because you werent reading close enough.

One thing i noted that i did different was i had read what (0x7100d) error meant here:
If you get "Failed Flashing process. (0x7100)" in RSD Lite - Android Forums at #32 he mentions how the error message indicates a file with any number of phony characters at the end. mine had 3. perhaps you may want to add that as a possible step on your guide.

thanks again, you are a true lifesaver : DDD

EDITED FOR SPELLING

Alot of the time you need to do *22800, device may not activate due to it not being able to lock on to a specific channel. Once the esn is acive in the system. The provisioning should have taken place.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll try to add that to the guide today :)

OP
X

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
Any ideas why the start button in rsd lite won't turn on??

PM'ed you a couple of possible solutions, but just so everybody knows what I suggested:
1) Make sure the device is in bootloader mode and connected to the PC
2) Make sure you downloaded the entire SBF file, should be 439MB in size

If this doesn't work, let us know.

vzwtek

Reaction score

PM'ed you a couple of possible solutions, but just so everybody knows what I suggested:
1) Make sure the device is in bootloader mode and connected to the PC
2) Make sure you downloaded the entire SBF file, should be 439MB in size

If this doesn't work, let us know.

And make sure that you have the current drivers.

jlank

Reaction score
Kudos to xlivewire7x!! Thank you so much phone is up and running. Now to reroot and not do what I did before!! LOL

Thanks again!

PS yes it does need to be RSD 4.7, my older version wouldn't do it.

msmcintosh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Stuck with blue triangle

How do I do a factory reset?

I tried flashing the phone for the past hour. RSD Lite looked like it was doing everything it should. Towards the end, it reboots the phone. Then in the Status, it says "Please manually power up the phone". I would, but it has already been powered up when it rebooted it.

Now I have a blue triangle where 3G would normally appear. If I open settings, then go to "About phone" and in "Status", "My phone number" is only 4 digits, Network is unknown.

akappy332

Reaction score
You need to activate your phone. I believe its *228. If you want to factory reset, go to Settings>privacy>factory reset

msmcintosh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Activation fixed it

Thanks akappy332! I tried to do that online and nothing happened. The *228 worked.

I wonder if the flash worked? Is there any way to check? It looked like RSD Lite was almost done. I don't know why it would tell me to power up the phone after RSD Lite had just rebooted it.

akappy332

Reaction score
I basically went through the same situation. The flash most likely went through. I just manually rebooted the phone since it was already on. Though i did to a factory reset right after the flash and my phone was well... out of the box. Interestingly enough, the flash didn't fix my problem in the first place which was my home screen being completely black. I dont really know. I'm just happy its fixed.

parm289

Reaction score

This happened to me - i'm pretty sure this is due to the location of your sbf. Try putting the sbf on the root of your C drive (that is, C:\name.sbf).

Sent from my DROIDX

Exiled

Reaction score
Sorry for the newb question, but I've never had to fix a bricked droid...

What exactly are the drivers, and where can I find them (need 64bit)? I have RSD installed, and I also have a copy of the .sbf

akappy332

Reaction score
do a google search for Droid X drivers. and take the first link. Thats what worked for me.

jlank

Reaction score

This happened to me - i'm pretty sure this is due to the location of your sbf. Try putting the sbf on the root of your C drive (that is, C:\name.sbf).

Sent from my DROIDX

You're right! I just moved the sbf to my desktop and viola it worked.
Thanks everyone