Unable to reboot?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has this problem, but it's worth posting it.

I flashed UD8, UD rEVO theme, and chevy's 1 ghz ulv. I backed up the rom after it was done restoring my applications, but it wouldn't boot up after that. I tried flashing a higher voltage kernel, kernel from a different dev, and it still didn't boot, it looped the boot animation. My phone has no problems handling whatever ULV or LV speed kernel you throw at it. Has anyone else been not able to reboot?

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you read my post that's what I did...I installed a higher voltage and a kernel from another dev.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Titans, are you able to boot into recovery? If so, restore and just install the rom then boot make a backup then add the theme or kernel. It will be interesting to see if that makes a difference.

Mike

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I actually installed a CM backup I had and reinstalled UD 8 again. Im afraid to reboot through, my phone may never come on again =)

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
yes i read your post, if your phone loops guess what, the kernel wasnt working so the answer would be..try another lower kernel.

Russ2387

Reaction score
I have this problem. I have flashed this rom 8 times. Thought it was titanium backup. But that's not it... Guess I'll try a new kernel. Will have to wait till sunday, I'm on the road...

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you trying to install all this in recovery before even rebooting? If so I think I would try installing the ROM, rebooting. Installing the kernel, rebooting, installing the theme, rebooting.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
the problem for this before is that when the market restores apps for you then you reboot it wont reboot. if you skip signing on install and reboot you will reboot fine. its not a kernel issue or that. something with the market. full thread farther down about it with a work around. no complete fix found yet, bc not sure exactly what is causing it to happen from the market. not an app or anything. just something with the market restore.