I get nothing after the "m" logo....HELP!

turdbogls

Reaction score
ok the rundown.
OG droid,
rooted, Ultimate Droid, chevy 1ghz ulv kernel. was working perfect.

i tried fixing my screen redraws with the tutorial from Launcher Pro, running a terminal emulator from the market. didn't have a file in data/ folder so i added it just like they said in the thread (will post when i can find it) and now i get nothing after the "M" logo.

tried pulling the battery, rebooted into recovery, flashed UD8 again, just cleared data and cache (3 times) and i am getting boot loop now. whats going on.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok the rundown.
OG droid,
rooted, Ultimate Droid, chevy 1ghz ulv kernel. was working perfect.

i tried fixing my screen redraws with the tutorial from Launcher Pro, running a terminal emulator from the market. didn't have a file in data/ folder so i added it just like they said in the thread (will post when i can find it) and now i get nothing after the "M" logo.

tried pulling the battery, rebooted into recovery, flashed UD8 again, just cleared data and cache (3 times) and i am getting boot loop now. whats going on.
can you catch the loop, and boot into recovery?If not, pull the pattery, hold down the x key on the keyboard, pop the battery back in, and hit the power. Once in recovery, just flash back to an earlier nandroid. You should always make a back up before you change system files, because this (boot looping) can happen.

OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score
Yeah i dont know WTF i was thinking. i didn't even think to try my nandorid backup. i just jumped the gun on freaking out. flashed the recovery and all is OK. this is a recovery i was using with a LiquidFY ROM...think it will be OK if i flash back to UD8? i dont have a UD8 recovery so it would be just like flashing a new ROM.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah i dont know WTF i was thinking. i didn't even think to try my nandorid backup. i just jumped the gun on freaking out. flashed the recovery and all is OK. this is a recovery i was using with a LiquidFY ROM...think it will be OK if i flash back to UD8? i dont have a UD8 recovery so it would be just like flashing a new ROM.
Dont worry, we have all done it. Yes, once you get up and running, you can flash anything you want. Just wipe data and cache 3X each, and you should be good to go! Good luck!