Help!! Can't get 2.2. update, frozen M logo

jthorpe

Reaction score
If u recieve a bad update just use rsdlite to flash 2.01, then manually install 2.1 and 2.2

I did this & it says 'please manually power up this phone' under status but it is still stuck with the 'M' after the progress has reached 100%...

Hmmm, that makes me kind of nervous. I don't want to have to redo everything on my phone, but to get rid of this 2.2 crap, it might be worth it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If u recieve a bad update just use rsdlite to flash 2.01, then manually install 2.1 and 2.2

I did this & it says 'please manually power up this phone' under status but it is still stuck with the 'M' after the progress has reached 100%...

Hmmm, that makes me kind of nervous. I don't want to have to redo everything on my phone, but to get rid of this 2.2 crap, it might be worth it.

your apps will reload when it syncs, and your files on your sdcard remains untouched.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
do you have gtalk bobbby

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
here is the link.

click the word link.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want to root rsdlite with ese 81 (like you tried before) if you want 2.2 ota then you can just install the files manually. Follow what I posetd in the thread about fixing bricked 2.2 ota in my sig.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did it work, are u rooted or manually installing 2.2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
good to know you are all fixed up.

soba525

Reaction score
Supposed Fix for 2.2 Frozen Phones

After being disconnected (multiple times) when trying to reach someone at Verizon about my problem (Droid stuck on Motorola logo after downloading 2.2 upgrade), I was told it wasn't their problem and it was my choice to do the download. :icon_evil:

I then called Motorola (after being on hold 20 minutes). Apparently, Motorola now has a "fix" that should unlock frozen Droids. I am on my way to Verizon to see: (1) if they know about this fix and (2) if it works.

THIS WHOLE SITUATION HAS BEEN VERY FRUSTRATING! :icon_evil:

soba525

Reaction score
Bottom-line: 2.2 Update Fried My Droid

I took my Droid (original, purchased last October) to the Verizon store, as instructed by Motorola Customer Support who said they now have a "fix" for frozen Droids (i.e., stuck at Motorola Logo).

Verizon told me my phone was "fried" and the "fix" couldn't be done.

I must now wait until next Tuesday/Wednesday to get a "refurbished" Droid (original) in the mail.

VERY FRUSTRATING. GRRRR. GRRRR. GRRRR. :icon_evil: