Milestone stuck on Moto logo, Restored to factory but nothing?!

JoshSkillz

Reaction score
*sloved* Milestone stuck on Moto logo, Restored to factory but nothing?!

Hey guys,

First of all,
2.1 rooted and overclocked

Im pretty sure i broke my phone while editing system files trying to get my overclock to stick after boot.
First time i reset my device it will not boot past the "M" motorola logo.
I have tried reseting via recovery but when i reset the device the same thing happens.

Any pointers?

Last edited:

Sergio Lorenzo

Reaction score
Have you tried entering recovery mode, apply openrecovery update.zip, and using adb console to restore the original files that you modified? Tell us what files you changed, and we will give them to you.

If you don't have root because of returning to factory defaults, you can do it from openrecovery.

If you need to be guided, just install openrecovery (which is somewhere into the forum) get adb access and tell us what you don't know how to do ;-)

Last edited:
OP
J

JoshSkillz

Reaction score
Have you tried entering recovery mode, apply openrecovery update.zip, and using adb console to restore the original files that you modified? Tell us what files you changed, and we will give them to you.

If you don't have root because of returning to factory defaults, you can do it from openrecovery.

If you need to be guided, just install openrecovery (which is somewhere into the forum) get adb access and tell us what you don't know how to do ;-)

i dont believe i have done those to things...i may need a bit of guidance.

The files i changed where... accoriding to this thread.
-Changed existing "system/bin/mot_boot_mode.bin" to "system/bin/mot_boot_mode.bin1" (so original still exisits)
-changed original mot_boot_mode (no extention) to mot_boot_mode.bin but leave it in the same directory
-Added a file provided in the thread mot_boot_mode to the same directory
-Added a line of code to mot_boot_mode and changed permissions.

Thanks!

dasilva333

Reaction score
OP
J

JoshSkillz

Reaction score
*Solved*

Thankyou for your pointers,
i decided to try and just follow the same process i did to root and update to 2.1, flashed and worked a treat!

sure i lost all my data, but hey atleast its cheaper then a new phone!
dancedroid

Tekniqs

Reaction score
the same thing happened to me as well. i ended up reflashing a stock HK sbf (hk milestone here) and it ended up NOT wiping any of my data for some reason.

Szadzik

Reaction score
the same thing happened to me as well. i ended up reflashing a stock HK sbf (hk milestone here) and it ended up NOT wiping any of my data for some reason.

You must have used a service version of the SBF file.

baliog

Reaction score
milestone stuck on a blank screen

I rooted my milestone that was fine and great after I figured it out but I went into the market and like a retard I guess.. I downloaded a jit compiler for android 2.1 well after that i rebooted and well when it started it has the normal M symbol and then goes black screen I have tried reflashing I have tried wiping it clean I'm at a loss I dunno what to do .. plz help..

bodry

Reaction score
same for me :( the only difference is that I see blinking from time to time android logo and that is it!
I have problem to connect RSD Lite to mine Milestone. RSDLite does not see mine Milestone and because of that I cannot apply some backup. The driver version for my phone is 4.6.5. I am able to start in recovery and to start from there OpenRecovery and that is it. How to proceed. I know that have alternative method using Nandroid but I dont know what to do, wich version to download and from where to download image for this tool. Could you please help me? The drivers displayed that mine Milestone is A853