Kernels....

btpetrina

Reaction score
I can not get any kernels to work, chevy's, jdlfg, non of them. Some of them with not allow my phone to boot up then chevy's it will boot up but after about 20 seconds on the home screen the phone continues to go into a loop and continues to reboot over and over. I was just wondering if anyone has found some kernels that world with the lit. rom?

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
I can not get any kernels to work, chevy's, jdlfg, non of them. Some of them with not allow my phone to boot up then chevy's it will boot up but after about 20 seconds on the home screen the phone continues to go into a loop and continues to reboot over and over. I was just wondering if anyone has found some kernels that world with the lit. rom?

I've used all of those with Lith Mod and have had no problems. If you're using clockwork mod, try reflashing clockwork mod recovery.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I'm guessing the stock kernel is working ok? I've had no issue (other than heat) with Chevy and no problems out of P3.

I hate to ask but are using Froyo kernels correct? Have you tried P3's standard voltage ones here: P3Droid Kernels Try starting with the 600 MHz one.

Also, are you d/ling the kernel through ROM Manager or are you d/ling them and installing them through recovery?

OP
B

btpetrina

Reaction score
yea i am using them correct, lol. I just came over from BB because my battery life was so bad. I was dling them through rom manager. I guesss I will just stick with the one that came with the rom. Thanks for the help

ricwhic414

Reaction score
I am having this same problem I have tried all the different kernels that I have previously used with kangerade and lithium but for some reason when I try them now setcpu doesnt recognize them.

Fultz33

Reaction score
Try downloading them from the computer, then transferring them to your SD card. Sometimes the ones in Rom Manager aren't updated to the most current versions. Here is a link to jdlfg's lithium kernels. Kernels.

Just use "install Rom from SD" in Rom Manager to flash them.

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try downloading them from the computer, then transferring them to your SD card.

I'd give this a shot, although take RM out of the equation altogether. Boot into Recovery and install the .zip yourself.

If it doesn't work, give a shout and we'll rack our brains some more.

Taegost

Reaction score
It almost sounds like you've tried kernels for an incompatible version (2.1 kernels with a 2.2 rom).

My Droid Does Tapatalk...