UltimateDroid for new Verizon 4G phones?

Nblufire12

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of upgrading soon and I really want a phone that will be compatible with UltimateDroid. I'm thinking the Bionic. Can anyone offer some input?

Thanks!

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
Probably not the best choice since moto phones are so locked down. Also I saw that rafficax(one of the UD devs) preordered a thunderbolt and he said that UD will be coming to the thunderbolt

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
^^ yeap yeap! waiting on it any day! Moto devices will be if we want to even deal with them. X is a mess just like D2 to dev on. Just a plain out pain.

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
I'd love some reccomendations for new 4G phones coming out before summer

Have any?

Thanks!

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
Thunderbolt has an inferior battery mAH and awful battery life as well correct?

Also doesn't have Tegra 2...

Reaction score
Thunderbolt isn't released so no one knows if it'll have bad battery life.

It doesn't have a Tegra 2, but if you're worried about battery, that's not the way to go anyway.

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Motorola seems to have changed their ways with locked down bootloaders(hopefully), starting with the xoom.

dbst

Reaction score

It doesn't have a Tegra 2, but if you're worried about battery, that's not the way to go anyway.

Actually dual-core devices are supposed to be better on battery life than single-core ones

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
Motorola seems to have changed their ways with locked down bootloaders(hopefully), starting with the xoom.
Exactly lol,

Altho bionic 512 megs of Ram...? Whats up with that

Reaction score

Actually dual-core devices are supposed to be better on battery life than single-core ones

That's something I'll have to see before I believe. To me, using more power = taking up more battery. And knowing Motorola, they wouldn't include an over 1900 mAh battery if the processor is supposed to help with that.

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score

That's something I'll have to see before I believe. To me, using more power = taking up more battery. And knowing Motorola, they wouldn't include an over 1900 mAh battery if the processor is supposed to help with that.

Well the more power means you will finish the task faster meaning more efficiency and more battery life right?

Thunderbolt has a single core processor... WTF!?

Thunderbolt: Single core yet 1 GB RAM
Bionic: Dual core tegra 2 yet 512 megs of RAM...

how about LG Revolution?

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
Exactly lol,

Altho bionic 512 megs of Ram...? Whats up with that

It has 512 RAM, but it's DDR2 RAM. HTC went with more RAM, and Moto went with faster RAM.

Arent both DDR2...? Hows one faster?

This is pulling me towards the bionic with the Tegra 2... If the bootloader was like the Xoom's... It'd b a no brainer!