blackdroidmod

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhinged

Reaction score
What's the deal with blackdroidmod.com? There's this "New Era" version of UltimateDroid, but I've read some shady things about it like it has warez on it.

I've always wanted to install UltimateDroid, but I bought my phone about the time blackdroid got ousted from the community, and I wonder if he's doing it straight now. I really don't care if he used someone else's mods to make his own distro, but I don't want my personal information being bantied about.

Has anyone else tried this mod?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have not seen anyone claiming that Blackdroid's New Era did that....as always its your own decision whether or not to use a rom. You can use the search tool in the Android Roms section to find any threads about Ultimate Droid.

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
There is no warez on the rom. Blackdroid left a paid app in a nandroid a few months ago, only once, by complete accident, and removed it as soon as it was brought to attention. Everyone makes simple mistakes, but the bigger person will admit it, correct it, and move on, and that is exactly what blackdroid did, along with his large supportive community.

bomber889

Reaction score
I don't really know if he's "doing it straight or not" but his ROM runs pretty well. I did not find any warez on it, but I've moved on to CyanogenMod 5.0.7.1

OSX2000

Reaction score
I've been running UD v10 for weeks, and it's the greatest ROM I've used. This morning I tried installing New Era over the top of v10, so as not to lose any data, but while it booted and looked right, it was glitches ahoy! So back to v10 I am, until I'm either not too lazy to install New Era the proper way, or until an UD ROM based on Froyo is released. I'd love to try out other ROMs, specifically the new Bugless Beast variants, but I think I'm pretty much locked into the UD or Cyanogen series now, because of my use of Apps2SD, which other ROMs don't support.

I doubt very much that there's any malware inside UD. Where did you hear that?

aldeghij

Reaction score
I stopped using it after the last blowup between bd and soccerplaya (got sick of the drama). Prior to that it was my favorite rom hands down. Went to BB and loved it. Tried ud again today, but ended up going back to BB again. Just runs better on my phone. Of course now I guess there is new drama between soccerplaya n bb.... getting tired of the damn "he stole this from me" emails tho. Now I see why apple keeps their phones locked down.... definitely see some maturity issues when it comes to some of these partnerships.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

droidman101

Reaction score
I stopped using it after the last blowup between bd and soccerplaya (got sick of the drama). Prior to that it was my favorite rom hands down. Went to BB and loved it. Tried ud again today, but ended up going back to BB again. Just runs better on my phone. Of course now I guess there is new drama between soccerplaya n bb.... getting tired of the damn "he stole this from me" emails tho. Now I see why apple keeps their phones locked down.... definitely see some maturity issues when it comes to some of these partnerships.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The blowup between bd and soccerplaya was sorta repeated again between soccerplaya and pete. Not saying my opinons, I'm letting you do that yourself

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
~Closed~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.