Letter To Android Community and DF - From Blackdroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolDroid

Reaction score
Good job BD. Glad to see you taking a more public stance on this and doing your best to right a wrong. You've moved on, asked for forgivness and understanding and that's all any of us can do. Let the cards fall where they fall now because you've got a great product and have held up your end of the deal. I think there are probably several of us that could take a lesson from all this and hopefully grow as people.

Steeeler

Reaction score
Hey BD, stop yacking and get cracking! Get cracking on that blue theme for New Era.

Still holding on to your 9.8 with the blue theme. Cant wait till you get blue for NE. Keep up the good work. Thanks!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I defended BD when that whole thing went down, I was also defending an ideology, so to speak. (if I'm even using ideology in the right way..lol) And I will never back down from that stance I took back then concerning that issue.

But, when Miami posted about not getting the phone back, I was like you know what.....The phone loan was WAAAY more important than any credit being giving/not being given.

I called for his stuff to be removed from here...But.....it didnt stop me from using his ROMS. I even installed UD New Era recently to answer someone's question they had. I even hang out at his site. I havent posted there but I keep up with whats going on in the UD world.

He apologized for the big fiasco? Ok fine.That should please some people. He returned the phone? Apology accepted. And should be accepted by all.

Read my sig, live by it...And remember ppl, he didnt have to do this. He has his own forum now with a growing user base. And I saw a post there welcoming ppl from AllDroid at his site too. That says alot...a whole lot.

P.S I'm running UD10 right now....cuz I got a rack of gold balls on HR Battle 3D and dont know how to transfer the data to a new ROM...LOL

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New Blue Theme

Hey BD, stop yacking and get cracking! Get cracking on that blue theme for New Era.

Still holding on to your 9.8 with the blue theme. Cant wait till you get blue for NE. Keep up the good work. Thanks!

I have a new re-worked Black & Blue theme coming out for NewEra very soon, just finishing up a few little things. If interested PM me and you can be one of the first to test it.

Its very dark blacks with some nice blues mixed in. The icons are different colors instead of all blue because I just kind of like that. The notification icons are all white, or like the icon of the application... and the status icons for battery, signal, and all that jazz are all matching so everything looks nice... I am a artist and graphic designer so I freak out if everything doesn't 'work together' as a design.

Coming very soon (i hope, need to test it to make sure it works flawlessly)

kaboyd

Reaction score
Well said BD. I don't want to thank you for an apology because I never expected one. This situation was handled poorly by many people on both sides of the issue and I am glad to see you stand up and say what you said. I for one will be glad to check out your new ROMs on your forum.

qoncept

Reaction score
The whining and crying from everyone here is pretty unbelievable. BD, good on you for your apology. I don't know the whole story, but I do know that everyone BD is apologizing to should be apologizing right back.

My 3 year old niece refuses to apologize when told because "he started it!" Good company.

PDR447

Reaction score
"new" era features, bugs, and MD5's match cyanogen 5.0.7 test0...

that's all I'm gonna say.

OP
the blackdroid

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

This is absolutely impossible for a few reasons.

1. I had New Era in testing for about 2 - 3 days before it released. and it had many features that cyanogenmod was not touting at the time. I did this in order to create a distinction between the two roms soo people would see that it WASNT in fact the same thing.

2. And 2 even if I had used the exact same source (of which I didnt, some parts yes and which I gave credit because they deserve it because a LOT of people work on that project) absolutely no MD'5s would match up. It is more than a 1 and a million chance. I used source from all over, a LOT of different developers. and try to use the most up to date features. One of which is the new Mms app which I know FOR SURE that cyanogenmod doesnt use (it has a scroll wheels with color options in the options which cyanogenmod does not have) and THAT is why I added it in FROM SOURCE because there is no other way.

and 3. I didnt even know they had a test rom out, I live in a bubble and hardly know what people say about me, so I sure have no clue what is going on with everyone else.

Last edited:

Diordna

Reaction score

This is absolutely impossible for a few reasons.

1. I had New Era in testing for about 2 - 3 days before it released. and it had many features that cyanogenmod was not touting at the time. I did this in order to create a distinction between the two roms soo people would see that it WASNT in fact the same thing.

2. And 2 even if I had used the exact same source (of which I didnt, some parts yes and which I gave credit because they deserve it because a LOT of people work on that project) absolutely no MD'5s would match up. It is more than a 1 and a million chance. I used source from all over, a LOT of different developers. and try to use the most up to date features. One of which is the new Mms app which I know FOR SURE that cyanogenmod doesnt use (it has a scroll wheels with color options in the options which cyanogenmod does not have) and THAT is why I added it in FROM SOURCE because there is no other way.

and 3. I didnt even know they had a test rom out, I live in a bubble and hardly know what people say about me, so I sure have no clue what is going on with everyone else.

Hope I can test it out, is it real fast and stable and worth a shot? :)

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm staying out of it, but this won't end pretty. Mark my words.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is an apology thread and needs to stay on topic. Any disagreements you have with BD should be addressed trio him at his website and not here. If it stays off topic this will be closed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The bottom line of this thread is that there was an apology, and it should probably be left at that. It took a lot for BD to do that and that should be respected, regardless of how much time has passed or whatever. Why in the world would BD come on here to apologize after all of this time while still pulling the same stuff? That would be silly and extremely hard to believe.

There are a lot of really smart devs on here, and then there are a lot of people that know just enough to be dangerous - those of us in the 2nd category should be careful to make claims we can't backup 110%.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
This thread probably should be closed. The apology was made. If you don't want any debate close it down. How many BD ehumping posts are really needed?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This will not turn out to be an all out war because there is nothing more to be said.

The apology has been written and either people accept it or not.

If people cannot accept it then that is their prerogative but flaming and such will not be tolerated.

Thanks folks.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This thread probably should be closed. The apology was made. If you don't want any debate close it down. How many BD ehumping posts are really needed?

Funny, i said something similar and the mods felt it was appropriate to delete my response. This one will be too, Im sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.