Letter To Android Community and DF - From Blackdroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'd like to take the time to formally apologize to the people that I think deserve a big apology.

Those people are the team of Droid Forums. Mods, Supermods and Admins welcomed me to their forums and allowed me to do what I love and that's build ROMS for the Android community. They set me up with my own section and allowed me the freedom to create for everyone. I'm really not the best at typing things and I'm pretty bad with communication at times but I never intentionally did anything to upset or hurt anyone. Initially I contacted cereal killer of DF to see if it would be appropriate for me to at least say something about what happened. He told me yes that I should say something because I left a lot of people hanging. Before I say anything though, I just want to say i'm sorry to everyone on the DF team. Things seemed to get out of control so fast that I didn't know how to handle it. Then I had some Internet issues that took me out for a couple days. When I finally responded it was rushed. No excuse but I was in the library and really didn't understand the gravity of the situation because I was offline as most of this was happening. That's no excuse but I really didn't know how big this had gotten. I probably broke a lot of trust between us but I hope you can forgive me.

In regards to the CM thing that happened I can honestly say that I made a BIG mistake. I rushed to keep everyone happy and things were left in there that shouldn't have been. I have since credited everyone properly and will continue to do those things. I just hope people understand I didn't do anything purposely. I'm really just new to this and I made a big mistake. It will never happen again. I hope I didn't let the people that believed in me down and if i have I'm sorry.

I have since moved on and came out with 2 new ROMS with FULL credit to everyone to show that I will keep my word. It's my way of trying to right a wrong. I really enjoy making ROMS and helping everyone. So thank you to everyone who has supported me and didn't talk bad about me.

To everyone over at CM I hope we can put this behind us now because I really just want to have fun and make some cool stuff for everyone. I'm not mad at anyone and understand if people will still hold a grudge against me.

To wrap everything up I have started whats called a New Era in ROMS. I will be posting my source on GitHub for anyone to use, I'm also making a tutorial on how to make a rom and all the critical details, and giving everyone a vendor to use that lets you compile straight from google's source (I will not leave any references with my name or anything like that, YOUR ROM is YOUR ROM :) no credit needed really just get it out there. lol.)

If you are interested check out The Ultimate Droid Website.

My new ROM, New Era has features (that i added from source) that no other rom has like turn over to silence and a few other extra goodies. Its my hopes to see this community come together and see Android grow and grow. I've since been supporting Xeudoxus with their Dark Edge because it's pretty cool. I am even donating which I think everyone should. They put in A LOT of work and it shows. Please support their work.

Now to address something else I see I am going to have to address so people will not think I have anything to hide. Pete is trying to call me out for something else. I dont know if he is trying to get more attention or what, but I will address it. Here is the link to his site, statement, and pictures of things that he calls proof and my response as well below.

Peter Alfonso

1.Those commands are well known and can be used by anyone that know a sufficient amount about the system.
2.I use the same kernels as cyanogenmod because the ramdisk in the kernels are a different size than a normal kernel and this needed in order to use the app2sd feature that they have which I have credited to its creator.
3.Pete and I are not in the same realm of development. I make my roms from source which he does not.
4.In my new rom there are many features from ALL OVER, from many developers all with full credit given including the ones from cyanogenmod
5.And the fact that he uses MY custom scripts and still TO THIS DAY claims he is the original creator (since he was more well known than me at the time he actually got away with it) as you can see HERE and in may more of his roms. I have not confronted him on the very fact because I think the idea of going after someone for things like these are utterly childish, but I feel I have to since he has backed me into a corner. He actually came to my forum and watched my thread which he did often over at Alldroid and I confronted him there about it because he seemed to be lurking and he actually admitted to stealing them and admitted that he thought it was a good idea. Here is all the proof in the links below so this can end here and now and doesn't have to go any further than this page.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/blackdroid/29916-ultimate-droid-v7-8-ese53-base-94.html#post317677

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/blackdroid/29916-ultimate-droid-v7-8-ese53-base-95.html#post317700

This was AT LEAST two months ago. Who knows what else he has claimed to be his since. I owned up to my mistake and and now giving credit where it is due. This is now one of my top priorities when I write up my changelog. I didnt say anything then because I thought it was petty and there was no reason to start a witch hunt and I was just making roms to have fun and share nothing more. The only reason I say something now is he is putting me in a position that I feel I have to unfortunately. :/

So thats it everyone. I'm really sorry for what happened. I hope you guys can forgive me.

To everyone on the DF team, thank you for everything. People are probably not aware of how generous the Admins are here but I can say that they are a really awesome bunch of guys.

Thanks for reading my long letter.

the blackdroid

Last edited:

JCo352

Reaction score
While I appreciate the apology, why start something else with Pete? I just want everyone to get along.

idulfingz

Reaction score
different every week, you would have to ask
That certainly answers a few questions for me. I personally love your roms and learned a lot about the ins and outs of my droid from reading your threads. I know that some people on this site will still hold a grudge but i think that just shows immaturity. I hope that this post of yours cools down the water between cyanogen, ud , and bb followers.... It would seem that the people installing the roms on their phones get more worked up over the details than the actual developers do themselves..... I for one hope that you get a section back here on droidforums.. especially with alldroid down this really is the go to place for info and you have always been helpful if i or others had questions or rom issues. Thanks for the post bd

brando56894

Reaction score
Apology accepted :D I was using UD since 7.x and loved it because it was one of the few that was stable on my phone, I also love the customizer you scripted since I hadn't seen that before in other roms. I was disappointed though with UD10 and how similar it was to CM compared to your previous roms.

Welcome back...

KingTee

Reaction score
I try to stay out of the BS but i feel that i need to say this. Dude IMO this is some bullcorn. After all this time this is the best you can come with? There was people who stuck their neck out for you ( SRTFOOL ) and you left him twisting and taking all the heat for what you did and that wasn't cool. I understand that your internet service was down but man come on you should have been here as soon as it was up apologizing and kissing babies, but no you wait all this time to come with this. SMH

Also you said that you would give proper credit on your site when you make your Rom. Dude you really need to take a look at what your giving credit for. The average noob wont know the difference but come on. Who do you think your fooling with the BS credit?

Friday, May 7, 2010 at 5:08PM
Updated -

**CAUTION**
(This rom was only made to work with SPRecovery, If it is on Koush's rom manager (which works with clockwork recovery) it has been tampered with and will not be supported. UltimateDroid Forums is the ONLY place to get your ultimate droid fix)

This is crap cause there are many people who state it works fine, including me. You and Koush need to work this out. It would save a lot of people trouble when installing the ROM

Base: ESE81 (android-2.1_r2.1s), w/some parts of android-2.1_r2.1p2, (cyanogenmod busybox and webkit) This is a slap in the face.

-Metamorphable
-Zipaligned System (blackdroid)
-Deodexed System (blackdroid)
-Optipnged System (blackdroid)
-automatic godmode (blackdroid)
-Apps2SD (Chris Soyars)
-Modified Spare Parts (blackdroid - Now Say Ultimate Droid Option - Getting Prepped for new features)
-More Efficient Live Wallpapers (Idea of Chevy's)
-Sound Recorder (Pete)
Native Instant Messaging App (Zappletoo)
Music App w/ Album Art on Widget (Credit to Ruqqq) modified by me, made widget bigger
Control Music While Phone is locked (Credit to cyanognmod)
Longer Duration Between Wifi Scans Tweak (blackroid)
Customized Native Messaging App (Credit to Ruqqq) modified by to have have white background as default
Cytown Phone Enhancement v28.1 (turn over to silence incoming phone and more - can be found in Settings -> Call Settings) Wait i thought you said it came from source? Don't you mean XDA?
Launcher2 that works smooth even w/live wallpapers enabled (chris soyars, koush, kmobs) – modified by me to have 4 columns in portrait mode and make the icons look a little crisper
Wired and Wireless Tethering (google/cyanogen - added Wired Tethering to Settings -> Wireless and Internet Settings)
HQ Video Recording Tweak (Fede)
HQ YouTube Default Tweak (xeudoxus)
Super User 2.0.3 (credit to ChainsDD)
Custom Scripts (blackdroid - Available at the bottom)
Webkit - (Cyanogenmod) Dude webkit was created for a lot of phones. Cyanogen didn't create it

And also for the users that flash their phone
to other carriers such as cricket I have added
iptables and proxy support from cyanogen mod as well

Tools:

busybox – (cyanogenmod) Really?
Openvpn (Philip Freeman)
nano (madoco)
fstab to (droidmod)
powertop
flash image
Zipalign
Terminal
Dropbear

I know there is gonna be some backlash or this post might get deleted but FK it i don't care right is right and wrong is wrong. If the shoe were on the other foot i would say the same thing. Flame away.
P.s. For those who don't like paragraphs or lack the brain cells to read them skip over this.

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Takes a man to apologize. Keep up the good work, lovin NewEra. I got a theme coming out this week I made for it (probably works fine on other ROMs too though). Although I have to say that I can't wait to see this thread this afternoon at 10+ pages with all kinds of name calling and editing poor hookbill needs to do... hah. Keep it in respect kids...

(edit, ps: all who complain for like paragraphs need to grow up and enjoy your phone and life too, IMO)

V

verian

I think the apology is cool and maybe after this thread flares up beyond what anyone would expect, this can all go away. but this will surly get the flames flying again for a while. I hope for all of the people that use your roms (and there's a lot and they seem pretty die hard about it) and for your sake that you do settle up with koush. The two UD thing is confusing to alot of your fans.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I try to stay out of the BS but i feel that i need to say this. Dude IMO this is some bullcorn. After all this time this is the best you can come with? There was people who stuck their neck out for you ( SRTFOOL ) and you left him twisting and taking all the heat for what you did and that wasn't cool. I understand that your internet service was down but man come on you should have been here as soon as it was up apologizing and kissing babies, but no you wait all this time to come with this. SMH

Also you said that you would give proper credit on your site when you make your Rom. Dude you really need to take a look at what your giving credit for. The average noob wont know the difference but come on. Who do you think your fooling with the BS credit?

Friday, May 7, 2010 at 5:08PM
Updated -

**CAUTION**
(This rom was only made to work with SPRecovery, If it is on Koush's rom manager (which works with clockwork recovery) it has been tampered with and will not be supported. UltimateDroid Forums is the ONLY place to get your ultimate droid fix)

This is crap cause there are many people who state it works fine, including me. You and Koush need to work this out. It would save a lot of people trouble when installing the ROM

Base: ESE81 (android-2.1_r2.1s), w/some parts of android-2.1_r2.1p2, (cyanogenmod busybox and webkit) This is a slap in the face.

-Metamorphable
-Zipaligned System (blackdroid)
-Deodexed System (blackdroid)
-Optipnged System (blackdroid)
-automatic godmode (blackdroid)
-Apps2SD (Chris Soyars)
-Modified Spare Parts (blackdroid - Now Say Ultimate Droid Option - Getting Prepped for new features)
-More Efficient Live Wallpapers (Idea of Chevy's)
-Sound Recorder (Pete)
Native Instant Messaging App (Zappletoo)
Music App w/ Album Art on Widget (Credit to Ruqqq) modified by me, made widget bigger
Control Music While Phone is locked (Credit to cyanognmod)
Longer Duration Between Wifi Scans Tweak (blackroid)
Customized Native Messaging App (Credit to Ruqqq) modified by to have have white background as default
Cytown Phone Enhancement v28.1 (turn over to silence incoming phone and more - can be found in Settings -> Call Settings) Wait i thought you said it came from source? Don't you mean XDA?
Launcher2 that works smooth even w/live wallpapers enabled (chris soyars, koush, kmobs) – modified by me to have 4 columns in portrait mode and make the icons look a little crisper
Wired and Wireless Tethering (google/cyanogen - added Wired Tethering to Settings -> Wireless and Internet Settings)
HQ Video Recording Tweak (Fede)
HQ YouTube Default Tweak (xeudoxus)
Super User 2.0.3 (credit to ChainsDD)
Custom Scripts (blackdroid - Available at the bottom)
Webkit - (Cyanogenmod) Dude webkit was created for a lot of phones. Cyanogen didn't create it

And also for the users that flash their phone
to other carriers such as cricket I have added
iptables and proxy support from cyanogen mod as well

Tools:

busybox – (cyanogenmod) Really?
Openvpn (Philip Freeman)
nano (madoco)
fstab to (droidmod)
powertop
flash image
Zipalign
Terminal
Dropbear

I know there is gonna be some backlash or this post might get deleted but FK it i don't care right is right and wrong is wrong. If the shoe were on the other foot i would say the same thing. Flame away.

Let it go man. You act like he slapped your grandmother or something. People take this **** too seriously. I'm using UD and will continue to do so. This **** is overblown. Stop beating a dead horse.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Kingtee lets keep in mind this is a formal apology not a rehash. Please no flaming. Just because some people (including myself) don't understand a lot of the coding terminology doesn't make them "brain dead".

As far as waiting on a response please give him more than an hour (someone had a fit he didn't respond to them quickly enough yesterday). I went into his IRC this morning at 6 and he was just going to bed.

KingTee

Reaction score
Kingtee lets keep in mind this is a formal apology not a rehash. Please no flaming. Just because some people (including myself) don't understand a lot of the coding terminology doesn't make them "brain dead".

As far as waiting on a response please give him more than an hour (someone had a fit he didn't respond to them quickly enough yesterday). I went into his IRC this morning at 6 and he was just going to bed.

Corina i respect and understand were you are coming from. I just want the correct information to be out there. I just cant stand when misinformation is being spread. I apologize if it inflames anything. People just don't wanna hear the truth anymore. I guess they like smoke being blown up their behind.

Last edited:

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net

Corina i respect and understand were you are coming from. I just want the correct information to be out there. I just cant stand when misinformation is being spread. I apologize if it inflames anything. People just don't wanna hear the truth anymore. I guess they like smoke being blown up their behind.

KingTee,

not only to support corina, but also coming from my own -not buying this- point of view, this thread was surely not made to heat up old "love"...and argue again. BD just aplologizes....and tries to do what he sees as "the right thing" .....

So, lets not argue about everything he states...

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I understand. He did admit he's fairly new at this so perhaps he will appreciate your comments if he got some credits wrong and correct them.

Skull One

Reaction score

No, you want to be right and the first one to do it.

Truth is about facts. You present them with evidence and you leave opinion out of it.

You simply said something with no proof and let your opinion cloud the point you were trying to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.