UltimateDroid for new Verizon 4G phones?

Reaction score
Actually dual-core devices are supposed to be better on battery life than single-core ones

That's something I'll have to see before I believe. To me, using more power = taking up more battery. And knowing Motorola, they wouldn't include an over 1900 mAh battery if the processor is supposed to help with that.

Well the more power means you will finish the task faster meaning more efficiency and more battery life right?

Thunderbolt has a single core processor... WTF!?

Thunderbolt: Single core yet 1 GB RAM
Bionic: Dual core tegra 2 yet 512 megs of RAM...

how about LG Revolution?

I guess if you look at it that way, it'll save battery. But I don't really wait on my OG Droid to finish any process, so I doubt it'll help battery. (from that standpoint)

Thunderbolt has a single core processor but it's upgraded, with Adreno 205 which is new this year IIRC. Still nothing amazing though.
TB: 756 RAM
Boinic 512 DDR2 RAM
They are not both DDR2

I believe the Revolution has the same Snapdragon as the Thunderbolt.

dbst

Reaction score
Thunderbolt isn't released so no one knows if it'll have bad battery life.

It doesn't have a Tegra 2, but if you're worried about battery, that's not the way to go anyway.

Actually dual-core devices are supposed to be better on battery life than single-core ones

That's something I'll have to see before I believe. To me, using more power = taking up more battery. And knowing Motorola, they wouldn't include an over 1900 mAh battery if the processor is supposed to help with that.

Instead of one core running at 100%, two cores would be run at 50% each (or around that %) which should result in better battery life

Reaction score

Instead of one core running at 100%, two cores would be run at 50% each (or around that %) which should result in better battery life

But wouldn't two cores at 50% be equal to one core at 100%? In terms of consumption? 2x50% = 1x100% or is it more complex than my basic math?

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score

But wouldn't two cores at 50% be equal to one core at 100%? In terms of consumption? 2x50% = 1x100% or is it more complex than my basic math?

Also a thing to note: Android doesn't utilize dual cores. It's still a single core OS isn't it? At least Gingerbread is...

Reaction score

Also a thing to note: Android doesn't utilize dual cores. It's still a single core OS isn't it? At least Gingerbread is...

I am pretty sure an update is coming for is soon though, an update for Gingerbread for support that is.

And actually, the Atrix has the dual core and same battery and seems to have great battery life. I really think the Bionic will be locked down though. It's no argument that the Bionic has way better specs, but to me, fails largely in aesthetics.

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score

I am pretty sure an update is coming for is soon though, an update for Gingerbread for support that is.

And actually, the Atrix has the dual core and same battery and seems to have great battery life. I really think the Bionic will be locked down though. It's no argument that the Bionic has way better specs, but to me, fails largely in aesthetics.

Gotya, plus there isn't a release date for bionic which makes me sad

Reaction score

Gotya, plus there isn't a release date for bionic which makes me sad

There definitely will be custom ROMs and all that for the Thunderbolt to help it in performance though which will make it feel a lot faster. If only the Thunderbolt had the insides of the Bionic, that would be ideal. Maybe at the end of the year!

Rodeojones

Reaction score
Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was already confirmed that the Bionic would indeed come with a locked bootloader. I thought Motorola already announced that this would be the case with this phone.

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was already confirmed that the Bionic would indeed come with a locked bootloader. I thought Motorola already announced that this would be the case with this phone.

I haven't heard that, can you paste a link?

I heard Motorola is changing their views on the bootloader

illmatic636

Reaction score
Motorola all the way. I'm waiting for Bionic. I read that Motorola phones pick up better signal in low coverage areas. I'm thinking that coupled with the dual core and no lock on the bootloader, Droid Bionic may be the next KING.

It also looks as if Bionic is rocking some sort of Gingerbread Blur. Interesting to see.

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
I agree. If the bootloader is unlocked that would be a gamechanger

Reaction score
Motorola, or someone from, once said:

"if you want to do custom roms, then buy elsewhere, we'll continue with our strategy that is working thanks."

Either way, someone will find a work around just like for the DX and D2 now. It's too bad that Moto thinks it's working though.

Reaction score
The Xoom did have an unlockable one, yet the Atrix had a locked one.
My guess, it was just a tablet thing.