UD Bugs 3.1

mr_manny

Reaction score
same here...many 3G and even 1G drops, rebooting resolves issue temporarily.

went back to 3.0.1

thanks for the ultimate ROM :)

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Are you guys with the 3G issues doing double to triple full wipes and installing thru CWM?

Sent from my 2.3.3 GB Incredible

mr_manny

Reaction score
just checked, and 3G is gone :(

reboot brings it back...but does not last.

v941726

Reaction score
Are you guys with the 3G issues doing double to triple full wipes and installing thru CWM?

shouldn't have to. i flash right over w/o wiping. doesn't matter i don't think. an issue is an issue. lots of people are having it.
if what you suggest is the problem, that would mean CWM doesn't work right then.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score

shouldn't have to. i flash right over w/o wiping. doesn't matter i don't think. an issue is an issue. lots of people are having it.
if what you suggest is the problem, that would mean CWM doesn't work right then.

Works when I have weird bugs. I flash over as well, but it seems the image is corrupt for some. Triple may be a bit much but it fixes everything for me.

Btw - CWM 0.8 is broke. I still use 0.7, so there's possibly a prob w/ CWM..

Sent from my Ultimate 2.3.3 GB Droid Incredible

DoritosVodka

Reaction score
OK, here is an interesting Bug D1 (I have a feeling this happened to me with 3.0.1 also)...

I had my phone go from 50% battery directly down to 20%. Then after a bit it hit 15% and the phone rebooted. But, it was stuck in a bootloop that reboots after about 20 seconds (Preparing SD Card).

This happened to me in 3.0.1 once and I gave up and went back to my 2.5.0 Backup. It happened to me a few days ago with 3.1.1. I had to wipe and reload 3.1.1 to get the phone working again.

It just happened to me again. But this time using adb and debugging the boot I noticed an error displaying with the WiFi Driver and interface. I had the WiFi turned On when the original reboot happened.

I copied the settings.db file off the phone while in recovery boot and modified the setting with sqlite to turn the WiFi off and pushed the settings.db back onto the phone.

Rebooted and the phone came up clean, no more bootloop.

I'll point out that I put in a fully charged battery (I keep a spare fully charged always) after the bootloops started and it did not clear it. So, it's not caused because the battery is too low.

When I turn on the WiFi interface this shows in the Debug and the phone starts is bootloop...

E/Tethering( 1142): attempting to remove unknown iface (tiwlan0), ignoring

Update :

Restored the base boot.img I made after a clean 3.1.1 install (thus restoring the original kernel) and cleared the /system/lib/modules directory and copied the originals from the 3.1.1 install zip.

Now WiFi and everything is fine. I was running the Raidzero 1Ghz Kernel. Something with the modules it installed did not play well with the WiFi interface in the phone.

Last edited:

v941726

Reaction score

Works when I have weird bugs. I flash over as well, but it seems the image is corrupt for some. Triple may be a bit much but it fixes everything for me.

Btw - CWM 0.8 is broke. I still use 0.7, so there's possibly a prob w/ CWM..

Sent from my Ultimate 2.3.3 GB Droid Incredible

yeah. Cwm turned all my nand backups into folders. Ruined them all

necrosays

Reaction score
(D1, did all the necessary wipes before installing the ROM)

Anyone else having issues with 3D gallery? None of the pictures are in the right folders. I've tried to clear cache or whatever from settings > applications > manage applications.

Im also getting the issue with facebook contact images not showing up in the contacts app. I tried to delete facebook with TB, then reinstall it, but it did not fix the issue.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I got the Following:

3g loss after calls, sometimes for several minutes. Random reboots after using the camera, turning Bluetooth on or off, at least once a day the phone freeze for about 30 sec' and reboots, I've gotten complaints for calls going to voice mail for no reason.

I wiped like 6 times, date and cache, dalvik and boot, system and cache again so i know i install correctly. UD is the most stable Rom i have tried though.

patrush

Reaction score
It happen to me to... lost 3G after call and sometimes when the phone is idle...
Other than that this is a great rom...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

aaronmcc11

Reaction score
After a very careful installation it appears that everything is working correctly EXCEPT GPS doesn't always come on.. is there a fix for this issue because I really don't want to reflash.. everything else is perfect.

Edit: To be more precise, GPS IS enabling, it just isn't getting a location fix.. or trying to. The task bar icon doesn't appear when GPS is on. I used tasker to flash a toast message containing the location and location fix time.. it shows as the variable itself (%LOC etc) which means that it hasn't been set.. there isn't one detected.

imaskier

Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

OK, here is an interesting Bug D1 (I have a feeling this happened to me with 3.0.1 also)...

I had my phone go from 50% battery directly down to 20%. Then after a bit it hit 15% and the phone rebooted. But, it was stuck in a bootloop that reboots after about 20 seconds (Preparing SD Card).

This happened to me in 3.0.1 once and I gave up and went back to my 2.5.0 Backup. It happened to me a few days ago with 3.1.1. I had to wipe and reload 3.1.1 to get the phone working again.

It just happened to me again. But this time using adb and debugging the boot I noticed an error displaying with the WiFi Driver and interface. I had the WiFi turned On when the original reboot happened.

I copied the settings.db file off the phone while in recovery boot and modified the setting with sqlite to turn the WiFi off and pushed the settings.db back onto the phone.

Rebooted and the phone came up clean, no more bootloop.

I'll point out that I put in a fully charged battery (I keep a spare fully charged always) after the bootloops started and it did not clear it. So, it's not caused because the battery is too low.

When I turn on the WiFi interface this shows in the Debug and the phone starts is bootloop...

E/Tethering( 1142): attempting to remove unknown iface (tiwlan0), ignoring

Update :

Restored the base boot.img I made after a clean 3.1.1 install (thus restoring the original kernel) and cleared the /system/lib/modules directory and copied the originals from the 3.1.1 install zip.

Now WiFi and everything is fine. I was running the Raidzero 1Ghz Kernel. Something with the modules it installed did not play well with the WiFi interface in the phone.

OMG!!!!!! THANK YOU a million times thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i could not figure out what was causing the boot loop
turns out everytime i touched wifi after fresh install it thats what would cause the loop now i know not to put my kernel on. btw.... 7 hours later i find this :)dancedroid

Jimingle10

Reaction score
When using a ringtone app, for example "Zedge", i download and apply ringtone or notification tone. It works for a short time, maybe the first call or two, then it goes back to default ringtone/notification sounds? I've tried more than one ringtone app and get the same results