Wow UD 3.1....18 hrs on a single charge?

acohuo011

Reaction score
I'm still having battery problems with UD any suggestions?

Depends on what the actual issue is. Things to try:

* Get and run the Spare Parts app after leaving your phone alone for a couple hours. Check the battery usage and "partial wake usage" and see if any app has a partial wake lock on the phone

* Remove widgets that have to poll for information; CPU/Battery temperature gauges, weather, twitter/facebook, etc.

* use setCPU to limit the max CPU speed when the screen is off to about stock or below.

* change your governor from "interactive" to "ondemand" - you get a slightly less responsive system, but it doesn't run your CPU nearly as ragged

But again, these are general solutions; you need to find out what the actual problem is first.
If I have widgets installed but not any on the homescreen do they affect battery life? I am using the fancy widget for a clock in my homescreen though.

Reaction score

* Get and run the Spare Parts app after leaving your phone alone for a couple hours. Check the battery usage and "partial wake usage" and see if any app has a partial wake lock on the phone

* Remove widgets that have to poll for information; CPU/Battery temperature gauges, weather, twitter/facebook, etc.

* use setCPU to limit the max CPU speed when the screen is off to about stock or below.

* change your governor from "interactive" to "ondemand" - you get a slightly less responsive system, but it doesn't run your CPU nearly as ragged

But again, these are general solutions; you need to find out what the actual problem is first.
If I have widgets installed but not any on the homescreen do they affect battery life? I am using the fancy widget for a clock in my homescreen though.

In general, no, installed-but-not-used shouldn't take any battery.

That said, I found fancy widget to be using battery even when it wasn't on a home screen. I don't know why, but I never had it on any home screens and it was running all the time, and was waking up my phone every so often, presumably to get the weather. It's in /system somewhere in UD, so I couldn't uninstall it; I had to go to root explorer and remove the thing.

acohuo011

Reaction score

In general, no, installed-but-not-used shouldn't take any battery.

That said, I found fancy widget to be using battery even when it wasn't on a home screen. I don't know why, but I never had it on any home screens and it was running all the time, and was waking up my phone every so often, presumably to get the weather. It's in /system somewhere in UD, so I couldn't uninstall it; I had to go to root explorer and remove the thing.
oohhh well what could be some more complicated problems that could be affecting my battery life, the not so general if there are some common ones

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Depending on whos kernel ur running, as some kernels do or dont have "full data collection" of all apps, some just show system apps, but going into settings-about phone-device info-battery use & battery history, u can see what apps are high & or if any of the system is running alot, specifically android system & compare the running time with the screen on time, they should be relratively close to each other.

juv3

Reaction score

I like wigets, they're Fancy and come in Handy but most of them do kill battery, these are the ones i have right on my main screen out of 5 screens i have.. Advanced Task Cleaner, because it's the best for killing apps it has a autokiller and screen off killer so when you add an app to the autokill list and you can choose to check every 10-5 or 1 minute and kill it, i have it for 1 minute, the other only widget i have is the Launcher Pro Facebook... Fancy Widget and all other Digital clocks i have tried do waist battery life they help only if you can see the widget for example if you are on the browser are you gonna hit home just so that you can see the widget? i rather look at the little clock on the upper corner, and if the screen is off i press the power button and see the time without unlocking the phone, to me The clock widgets are a waist of my MF battery life and Time lol

Kias

Reaction score
Saw the OP last night, so I installed UD, and I am also completely floored! I was normally getting 4 to 5 hours of battery until I hit 5%. This was on various gingerbread roms. Today, on The Ultimate Droid, was a different story! This is awesome! Though I am going to have to look at what the heck ING direct is doing, I only used it for a couple minutes... I'll also clear my battery stats again, and see how we do tomorrow.

Also, I've noticed the camera/video camera is completely stable. This is good, since I thought I was going to have to revert to a stock ROM for the upcoming Rock on the Range we go to every year where I take a gazillion pics and videos with my phone!

battery.jpg

Kias

Reaction score
I plugged the usb in to pull that screen capture over, and when I unplugged it about a minute later, the battery jumped back to 60% and it still says over 11 hours on battery. Hmmmm.. yup, gonna clear the battery stats tonight.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

juv3

Reaction score
I plugged the usb in to pull that screen capture over, and when I unplugged it about a minute later, the battery jumped back to 60% and it still says over 11 hours on battery. Hmmmm.. yup, gonna clear the battery stats tonight.

Does anyone know an app that can clear your battery stats, how long should i do this like days/restarts/etc, is the only way to delete this by going to recovery advanced?

Reaction score

Does anyone know an app that can clear your battery stats, how long should i do this like days/restarts/etc, is the only way to delete this by going to recovery advanced?

I've only ever seen that ability with recovery. I usually clear them when flashing a rom, or restoring a previous version, and then only if I'm at 100% battery when I do it.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Here is a link to a different way of calibrating ur battery, I have never tried it so not sure if it works or not: xda-developers - View Single Post - Battery Calibration

Kias

Reaction score
Well I'm still on my discharge portion of my battery stat reset, and I'm over 21 and a half hours. I've been at 5% battery for about five hours now. Just waiting for the phone to shut off!

Interesting stuff going on here!

Kias

Reaction score
This is just insane! The best I've Gotten from any rom is about ten hours when I was on Sapphire. Here I am at almost 23 hours with ud, still at 5% on my battery stat reset round.

I think I finally found a rom I'm going to stick with for more than a few weeks!