"Turbo Tricks" to impress !!

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
My Wife has the new Samsung and my Son just got the iPhone personal watercraft. I'd like to know more than a hand wave. I know our phone is the goods maybe we can share " Hey have you tried this" stuff.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, My biggie today was discovering that I no longer really had to use my power button anymore (especially tough with the incipio DP case now) I just "wave" my hand for wake up and pull the lock down or if its a notification and I want to engage it pull that down and "WaLa" your where you thought/think you wanna be.

I set up voice commands and the "Assist" functions. Those are cool.

Hope we have more cool stuff reveal over the coming days.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No more power button...what a concept. How many have complained over the years about the power buttons becoming "sticky" or stopping being responsive altogether? Now they don't even need to press it. Could you imagine a phone without a power button at all? I'm sure it's possible and may already be in the works. In fact, how about a phone with NO buttons, NO openings of ANY KIND on them, hermetically sealed cases that can't collect dust, no water can get in, no cat hairs getting stuck along the Bezel...in other words, completely unable to be opened - except perhaps by a specific combination of magnets, not to dissimilar to the antitheft devices on high-dollar items at the electronics stores.

TatDroid

Reaction score
And I have my touchless control set to "Let me ask my assistant". How many people have a phone that will wake itself up and respond to you - WITHOUT EVER TOUCHING IT!?

Sent from my Droid Turbo

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I just got my voice commands setup. Yeah is cool not having to touch the phone to wake it. Love the active display more and more each day.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
The twist your wrist to start camera is great too. Unlike so many gimmicks manufacturers put on their phones, this is actually very useful!

Sent from my Droid Turbo
True that. Actually a quick easy way to get to the camera.

TatDroid

Reaction score
pull that down and "WaLa" your where you thought/think you wanna be.

You gave me a chuckle with that. I believe you were going for "voila". (French: "there it is")

Sent from my Droid Turbo

Reactions: cr6
OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
You gave me a chuckle with that. I believe you were going for "voila". (French: "there it is")

Sent from my Droid Turbo
I avoid true French references... Like Bon ami enjoy dinner! (Lol)

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
My Wife has the new Samsung and my Son just got the iPhone personal watercraft. I'd like to know more than a hand wave. I know our phone is the goods maybe we can share " Hey have you tried this" stuff.

Which phone did she get? Unless it was removed she should be able to enable Air Gestures from within the settings app to be able to see notifications on her lockscreen without touching the phone.

Not sure how it would behave while inside of a pocket since it uses the proximity sensor to activate.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
And I have my touchless control set to "Let me ask my assistant". How many people have a phone that will wake itself up and respond to you - WITHOUT EVER TOUCHING IT!?

Sent from my Droid Turbo
I just got my voice commands setup. Yeah is cool not having to touch the phone to wake it. Love the active display more and more each day.

I've loved that feature with the Droid MAXX for the past year, and also the wave feature. Now I have all those features and a bad-ass phone to boot.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Sent from my Droid Turbo

Or Presto, or "look here", or "there you are"...Often used by Magicians to "amaze".

voi·la
vwäˈlä/
exclamation
  1. there it is; there you are.
    "“Voila!” she said, producing a pair of strappy white sandals"
Voila - Google Search

HiddenTalent

Reaction score
I miss having the slider to go between volume and silent. Is there a quick way to adjust volume/ringer on this version? Is there only active display? No widgets?

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Widgets - long press on a blank spot on the home screen.
If you are looking for a silence toggle widget bueatiful widgets has one.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I miss having the slider to go between volume and silent. Is there a quick way to adjust volume/ringer on this version? Is there only active display? No widgets?
You can always hold the power button down, then choose silent, or vibrate. (I think that works with a lot of phones)

Sent from my Droid Turbo

Last edited: