trying to root my eris and getting a red ! with a red trangle

paddyo75

Reaction score
has anyone had this problem? or know whats going on? it does it if i hold dowm vol up and power or if i hold down vol dowm and power and then go to recovery

OP
P

paddyo75

Reaction score
i havent even got to the rooting put, as soon as i try to go to recovery i get it

this is wahat i used before, i had to get a new phone cause the last one stopped getting text so they can me a new one.

This link should be helpful - [GUIDE] Root and flash Android 2.2 Froyo on your Eris!

I am also going to move this thread to the Eris Section

If you quote someone, you don't have to quote everything they write

I don't mind your two cents, it's your nickel that I can do without

Be the change you wish to see in the forum

OP
P

paddyo75

Reaction score
thx for the help but

your not understanding that i cant put the phone in recovery, when i push the power and vol down botton it goes to the hboot screen where i push vol up and then i get the red ! inside the red triangle every time. this is the prob that im having. so i cant even to to the spot i need to to open the zip file..and if i push power and vol up to go right to the recovery spot i get the same thing

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Download terminal emulator from the market. (Its a free one).
Open it up, and at the comand prompt, type su and hit the enter key. Your prompt will change from $ to # if you are rooted. IF it changes, download "Quick Boot" from the market. It will give you the option to boot to recovery.

OP
P

paddyo75

Reaction score
I don't understand how I can do that if I can't get to the recovery screen

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
paddy, the one click root is an app. You download that file, and put it on your SD card. Using a program like Astro File manager, you can install it to your phone, then you can run it from your app drawer.