DROID X2 boot menu and recovery

ATR

Reaction score
I figured out how to work the boot menu and get to android recovery.

Hold power + vol down till you see fastboot

Vol down scrolls through the possible options

Vol up selects that option

One of the options is android recovery but there isn't any recovery file stock. What's new Motorola.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Correction: "push up/down at the same time once you see the android/triangle - should get you to stock recovery" credit: jntdroid

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
push up/down at the same time once you see the android/triangle - should get you to stock recovery

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

One of the options is android recovery but there isn't any recovery file stock. What's new Motorola.

Really wish they hadn't removed the physical camera button, if only for navigation in Recovery...I can see me repeatedly selecting an item when I really just want to scroll up. :)

Nice find.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
up/down at the same time while powering on also does the same thing as selecting "RSD" in the menu you found

Dx2 bootloader?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Really wish they hadn't removed the physical camera button, if only for navigation in Recovery...I can see me repeatedly selecting an item when I really just want to scroll up. :)

Nice find.

up doesn't select anything in recovery, power button does... up only selects it in the new little boot menu thing - unless that's what you mean by recovery :)... whatever it might be called

Reaction score

Correction: "push up/down at the same time once you see the android/triangle - should get you to stock recovery" credit: jntdroid

I'm glad word is spreading about our find. I figured this out too, right after getting my X2 on 20 May. If we keep this spreading around, I am hopeful that a dev will see it and exploit it. To find all it's secrets and hopefully we will get the Golden Egg we all want.

MICHO and I are hoping that with the similarities with the D1, and XOOM with fast boot that it is either unlocked or will be able to be unlocked with all the braniacs around. This post here we are trying to keep for actual findings to keep the speculation down so it only has pertinent info.
Dx2 bootloader?

And as a side note, as you will see from this post, that they are trying to do the same thing with the TBolt. And with sililar characteristics as our X2's

And here is another post where we would be able to speculate all we want like wise here.
boot into stock recovery

Like I said earlier, we should keep this info circulsting everywhere.

You and I should start our own business for breaking into our devices. Lol.