Clearing the cache for the droid turbo

MarBearCat

Reaction score
And this stupid pop up will not stop, causing me great anger.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And this stupid pop up will not stop, causing me great anger.
Have you considered uninstalling every app you have EVER downloaded from the Play Store? Then reboot the phone and see if it stops. That is just short of a FDR but you will not lose any pics or personal files. Then be very selective about what apps you reinstall.....do it one at a time...one a day...etc and see if the problem comes back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Have you considered uninstalling every app you have EVER downloaded from the Play Store? Then reboot the phone and see if it stops. That is just short of a FDR but you will not lose any pics or personal files. Then be very selective about what apps you reinstall.....do it one at a time...one a day...etc and see if the problem comes back.

Rebooting is the same as turning the power off then on again, correct?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Step one is confusing. You cannot push volume up and down together. It would be like pressing down both seats of a see saw at the same time I would think.
What I did was press volume down with power button and it worked.

I could not press the volume up and down button at the same time and was afraid if I kept trying that I would break something.
I believe it's just supposed to be volume down and power...those instructions are for Kitkat though...aren't you running lollipop?? That's at the top of the page

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I believe it's just supposed to be volume down and power...those instructions are for Kitkat though...aren't you running lollipop?? That's at the top of the page
Kit kat

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just put it to volume down plus power..I don't remember exactly..but I think that's what it is..if not its volume up then power..if you try it..let me know which way works..sorry and thanks.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I just put it to volume down plus power..I don't remember exactly..but I think that's what it is..if not its volume up then power..if you try it..let me know which way works..sorry and thanks.
I've already done it. Power button + volume down. I believe power button + volume up would work also.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Once you decide to do a fdr there is a way to do it that does not involve pushing and holding any buttons
Settings
Back up and reset
Factory data reset

A fdr gets your phone to "out of the box " condition. Great for clearing up mysteries that are not otherwise solved. Be aware that it erases everything. So.... Back everything you want to save.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
OK, this annoying pop up hasn't shown it's ugly head today. Lookout mobile says my phone is OK.
A couple of hours after I posted this, it showed up again. I think I found the problem though. I disabled 2 apps yesterday and I haven't had the pop up come back. The apps are the red app "Cloud" and the "Cloud print" app.

Why would these cause the problem? Heck if I know. What led me to choose these 2 apps was the OTHER pop up that use to come up from time to time. It would tell me that my cloud was close to full and asked if I wanted to add more storage. Well that pop up was similar in appearance to the one causing me all kinds of headaches, this one.......

Screenshot_2015-11-07-13-28-09_zpsuz0ofnd3.png

And since all 6 security apps I tried out all said my phone didn't have a virus I figured, it's gotta be something else and POP-UP! I remembered the cloud popper.

Anyone know, is this Verizon or Motorola? Here is a pic of the 2 apps I killed yesterday.............................

Screenshot_2015-11-08-21-57-51_zpswug5ms7c.png

So far, the pop up hasn't returned.

Any thoughts?

=^.".^=

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Cloud app is Verizon's free cloud storage for call history, texts, pics, etc. I tried it once and had nothing but problems. I use my Google Drive account for all backup cloud storage and have never had a problem. I say....leave Cloud disabled.....there are plenty of better storage apps, like Drive and Drop Box.

limeyinusa

Reaction score
When I try to do the clear cache.. It will seem as if it is doing it and after about 20 minutes the yellow print will scroll on my screen and then the screen goes black. Then the dead android guy appears with No Command under it and it just sits there and blinks every few seconds..

Sorry for my lack of correct terminology. :/
Did anyone ever reply to you about this ? I get the same issue. I did spot "e:\ cannot" scrolled on the screen just before the dead android started blinking.

sxrguyinma

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
How long should this take? My phone has been sitting at "Formatting /cache..." for 3 hours now