Tried to get my Droid 1 replaced but they're out of stock (in store & warehouse)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Crazy, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Polymira

Polymira Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Motorola sent me a replacement droid this past week (I called Tues, refurb arrived via fedex on Friday).

So if Verizon is out, that's very recent.

Annnnd

Everyone that couldn't get a droid from asurion got offered a bunch of low end phones, those who fought back got Droid incredibles. Haven't seen a single post of a person geting an X.

Rumor:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...r-droid-x-incredible-droid-1-replacement.html

2. rlacsamana1989

rlacsamana1989 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you would have seen it here. They said they will have a limited stock of droid x and incredible. But as of right now they have the LG Ally, Motorola Devour, & Droid Eris

3. kermitdfrogdroid

Ratings:
    +0
    Im waiting for the droid 2 and news of asurion offering that as a replacement. I would take an X as a replacement only if I knew the droid 2 was not going to be offered. Id still rather have a droid 1 instead of an X, and the droid 2 is exactly the same as the droid 1 in my eyes. I have a 1ghz processor too ;) its just styled differently.

4. erikfig

erikfig Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's why I'm taking super extra care of My droid 1. No more droid 1 from now on. End of life according to Motorola and Verizon for the Droid 1.

5. korp

korp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Droid 1 is being phased out. Droid 2 is just around the corner so why would they keep making more Droid 1's? I doubt they would knock you down to an older phone seeing as how that's bad business.

How much did you pay for the Droid? Is it under warranty? If you paid like $150, I would just ask them about paying the extra $50 to get the X.

6. Crazy

Crazy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just called back VZW right now and the tech told me to call back within 24 hours to see if they got more Droid 1 shipments or not... and if not, he said the only compatible phones he can replace it with are the Motorola Devour and LG Ally, wtf?! I don't see how that's even compatible.

I got mine back in December for $299 (in store, but with the $100 rebate) so what can I say if they don't get anymore Droid 1 shipments in tomorrow?

7. erikfig

erikfig Member

Ratings:
    +0

How many line do you have in your contract? What I would do if I were you, I tell them that I will cancel my contract if they don't give me an incredible or the X, simple as that. Depending of how many lines you have, they may give it to you. I have a family plan so whenever I say I will cancel they gets scared and give me what I want. Specially if you are paying for insurance....

8. Crazy

Crazy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on an individual line :(
    & I don't have insurance either.

There is so way I'm going for the Motorola Devour or LG Ally since I paid $199

9. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    if i were in your shoes, i'd go for the Droid X. I like the huge screen and that it feels ligther than the Droid 1.

10. lethalpimp

lethalpimp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you guys talking about going through asurion, or going through the motorola warranty process?

11. Crazy

Crazy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Motorola Manufacture Warranty. I didn't get insurance with my Droid 1.

12. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    What if you have insurance and the extended warranty on the account. Will verizon still screw you and offer the LG ally or eris or would they autmatically upgrade you to a INC or Droid X

Search tags for this page

how to break your droid to get it replaced