Tried to get my Droid 1 replaced but they're out of stock (in store & warehouse)

drini

Reaction score
Mine fried today also and they will be sending me a replacement and should be here tomorrow by 3pm. I'll see what happens.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well you can add me to the list... my Droid also died this morning and they are overnighting me a replacement by tomorrow afternoon. No comment on what model it will be.
I will report back as soon as I get mine..... should recieve it by 11pm EST (5 PM Hawaii time)

Only thing is that I will be sending them back a Bugless Beast v0.5 ROM'd Droid since I have no way to wipe it or to reflash it via RSDLite.., ahh well... so sue me...lmao:)

Detonation

Reaction score
You will all be getting D1's...I'm sure that they're not going to let another shortage happen again, especially now with all the people making claims just in hopes that they get a free upgrade.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just got an email about 'Getting started with your Certified Like-New Replacement Device'.... so obviously I will be getting one of those, which is fine since it's been probably the best mobile smartphone I've ever had anyways...;) ... and these certified like-new replacements always have looked pretty damn good, so no worries...

Geoid

Reaction score
I just got an email about 'Getting started with your Certified Like-New Replacement Device'.... so obviously I will be getting one of those, which is fine since it's been probably the best mobile smartphone I've ever had anyways...;) ... and these certified like-new replacements always have looked pretty damn good, so no worries...

yea mine looked pretty good....so far it works flawlessly, just one minor complaint though, the keyboard slides open a lil too easily for my taste but other than that it's been good. By the time I'm due for an upgrade (nov 6) or the new every two (june 6?) i'll be getting a LTE phone so the droid 1 will do for now, don't need to scam for the droid 2.

drini

Reaction score
I just got my replacement in and it is a re-certified droid 1. Looks nice and clean :)

10roller

Reaction score
i just got my replacement droid 1, other one was unable to hold a charge, water damage.

after i rooted and installed CWM recovery, i tried to restore my sapphire 1.1.1 rom and have been unsuccessful thus far. tried several different kernels but i always end up at a boot loop.
i also tried the traditional mount through adb and cant mount system as rw
(mount -o remount, rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system)

any help appreciated

robry

Reaction score
the biggest problem with the CLNR is the keyboard slider hinges are garbage.

the last two of them I've had have been so loose they feel like the phone is going to fall apart.

forget it, once the supervisor calls me back I'm just going to ask them to put me on with cancellation department.

I *HATE* AT&T and Apple, but heaven forbid I pay Verizon 2500$/year for this type of service/treatment.

celborn

Reaction score
Any one else get a d2 as a d1 replacement

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

robry

Reaction score
well my 4th droid 1 (3rd CLNR) had a loose hinge when I got it but it wasn't as bad as the first two. I gave it a shot, and the hinge is getting more and more loose every time I use it. Called VZW and they just said 'okay' and finally gave in and are sending me a droid 2 CLNR. We'll see how long that lasts.

DanSan

Reaction score
my friend went through asurion to get a replacement for her D1. they offered her the devour and she *****ed and moaned and they gave her an incredible as an upgrade. she had to pay the deductable which was like 70 or 80 bucks. this was like 4 or so months ago.

i already had some D1 replaced, keyboard fell apart.. now having the same problem with my replacement. gonna have to call tomorrow for another replacement

moset

Reaction score
Same here with 1st referb loose hinge. Also notification bar won't slide down. Have to go through menu. New referb will be here today. What's next?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App