Tried to get my Droid 1 replaced but they're out of stock (in store & warehouse)

hapster

Reaction score
I'd been thinking about taking mine in for warranty replacement, too. I like live on my Droid, especially at work; I listen to Pandora all nite long.

At first I thought it was my imagination, but the past couple of weeks, the slightest bump will pause the media stream. It's become very annoying.

So, should I wait, or take it in?

Sent from my Droid

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd demand a phone of equal or greater value (that's how insurance works!) and I'd also demand it be Motorola.

I'll confess to having thoughts of being less careful around the pool, eyeing a free Droid X upgrade! Then, I realized that most of the good refurbs have probably been given out, and odds are you get stuck with one of the refurbs that has real problems (and probably been recylced a few times). So no thanks!

I'd also guess when the Droid 2 comes out and supplies catch-up that will become the default replacement.

OP
C

Crazy

Reaction score
Yeah man, like I stated before, I don't see how they EVEN COMPARE the Droid 1 to an LG Ally and Motorola Devour. That is simply a freaking joke.

I want something equal the value which would be an Incredible or Droid X... let's hope they get more Droid 1 shipments in this week OR offer me an Incredible or X... and if not, then I'm probably going to threaten to cancel my contract. I'm already on my 2nd refurb Droid

7 VII 7

Reaction score
Just got notification this morning, Droid 1 Refrub is on its way.

It is stated to be a "Like New - Certified Replacement!"

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yeah man, like I stated before, I don't see how they EVEN COMPARE the Droid 1 to an LG Ally and Motorola Devour. That is simply a freaking joke.

I want something equal the value which would be an Incredible or Droid X... let's hope they get more Droid 1 shipments in this week OR offer me an Incredible or X... and if not, then I'm probably going to threaten to cancel my contract. I'm already on my 2nd refurb Droid

Good luck. Took me 12 different reps to get my Droid X. Only had to send me 4 defective Droids in a row to make it happen. On top of that, I had to renew my 2 year, pay the $199, and I have to send in my old device. Wasn't even worth it, but I'm tired of them sending me crappy phones that are not fixed.

7 VII 7

Reaction score
HA, I would be more than happy to buy the Droid X for $199 but they wont let me.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
HA, I would be more than happy to buy the Droid X for $199 but they wont let me.

honestly, its a nice phone, but overall its not much better then a droid. Sure, better hardware specs, but performance and functionality wise its about the same. Same apps, Same OS, Same experience.

dragozoid

Reaction score
I have insurance but have never needed to use it. But really, I doubt they'd give you a Droid X. They'll probably give you a Incredible if they have them in stock but if they don't have anymore D1s or Incredibles then you're screwed and will have to accept an Eris or Devour.

honestly, its a nice phone, but overall its not much better then a droid. Sure, better hardware specs, but performance and functionality wise its about the same. Same apps, Same OS, Same experience.
I disagree. The DX is definitely a much better device. I just unrooted by D1 but before I did, I played around with it for a bit and it feels outdated compared to my DX.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I have insurance but have never needed to use it. But really, I doubt they'd give you a Droid X. They'll probably give you a Incredible if they have them in stock but if they don't have anymore D1s or Incredibles then you're screwed and will have to accept an Eris or Devour.

I disagree. The DX is definitely a much better device. I just unrooted by D1 but before I did, I played around with it for a bit and it feels outdated compared to my DX.

Really?? I have a overclocked rooted droid and i went into a verizon store to check out the X. Other than the UI being a little faster and bigger screen, there's really no difference. I'll take my unlocked bootloader, stock android, and physical keyboard :). Plus, in December i can upgrade to a REAL superphone (2ghz phone)

Jer

Reaction score

Really?? I have a overclocked rooted droid and i went into a verizon store to check out the X. Other than the UI being a little faster and bigger screen, there's really no difference. I'll take my unlocked bootloader, stock android, and physical keyboard :). Plus, in December i can upgrade to a REAL superphone (2ghz phone)

I love when people try to convince themselves that their inferior device is somehow better. The Droid X is a better phone. Period. I've used them enough to know that it's better (even if slightly) in just about every way. If you're happy with your phone then that's fine but don't knock on a better device. It has an FM radio, HD video capture, a substantially larger display and is faster stock than most Droids are rooted and overclocked. It certainly is more stable and cooler than an overclocked Droid running similar clock speed that's for sure. It has better battery life and the display is VERY nice for web viewing, typing and watching videos. The HD video camera is also a very nice feature and takes much better video than the current Droid. Not to mention the HDMI out put to quickly and easily display your phone onto your HD display. The FM radio isn't a big deal to most people but of you go to a gym with several TVs that broadcasts the audio for each one via an FM transmitter this could be a big deal that is used daily. The car dock is more thought out and with the cable connected your phone is charged every time your phone is dropped into it... no more cables to plug into it. It feels better and is actually easier to hold while typing and viewing. I used to be a physical keyboard nazi but the last month or two I have made an effort to not use the physical keyboard on my Droid and the verdict is I won't miss it at all. I would much rather have the thinner package and lighter weight that comes from not having one. I also like the little things like the fact I can disable the swipe to unlock and just have it do what the phone should do. One unlock and it's unlocked. No app to work when it feels like working and no more rooting and messing with crap. This phone is as fast out of the box as mine is rooted and I have to deal with SO much instability and crap that I wouldn't have to deal with with the X. It just works. It's as fast or faster than my phone now and I can't cook eggs on it to get it to that performance level. I don't have to monitor this or that or care about any of it. It just works. Everything I rooted my phone for this phone just already seems to do... minus tethering but hey... there's now a root for the X if I decide I can't live w/o that option.

I can go on but you get the point. Just because it's not better for YOU doesn't mean it's not a better phone.

dragozoid

Reaction score

My Droid was overclocked at 1.25GHz running BBv04 (2.2 ROM).

I have both so I think I would know. The DX is just a better device no matter how you cut it. I put Launcher Pro on mine and it's better than anything that I ever had on my D1. And not having to deal with the annoying slider that I barely ever used is a plus.

BTW, I bought my DX for $300 without contract on the 15th thanks to an in-store rep and CS rep. My upgrade dates are the same as well (1/11 for annual upgrade and 9/11 for NE2). So if I wanted to, I could get the 2GHz phone at the subsidized price but right now, I could care less about it (especially since the DX will get Gingerbread). It's still six months away and besides, I'd rather save my upgrades for a better device that will run on LTE next summer.

R_G

Reaction score
Good luck. Took me 12 different reps to get my Droid X. Only had to send me 4 defective Droids in a row to make it happen. On top of that, I had to renew my 2 year, pay the $199, and I have to send in my old device. Wasn't even worth it, but I'm tired of them sending me crappy phones that are not fixed.

Wow, really you had to send your old droid back? . They did the early upgrade but you still gave them your phone?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife just was notified they would be sending her another "quality" replacement tomorrow -oh well.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Wow, really you had to send your old droid back? . They did the early upgrade but you still gave them your phone?

Turned your old device back in and pay $199?
It's getting deep in here....