Touch screen acts weird while charging

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by purpfiction, Mar 16, 2012.

1. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,270
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    RFI (radio frequency interference) can certainly cause this too, but the greater cause is the charger blocks themselves. I have charger blocks from many different manufacturers which I've collected or bought at yard sales, including Apple, HP, Jawbone, LG, Motorola,Plantroncs, RIM (Blackberry), & Verizon, as well as several no-name ones, and nearly all create "ghost touching", though by far the Motorola charger creates the least.

And to address the second part, I use the original cable in most cases, although I will often use a shielded USB extension, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I will do further testing to confirm or deny.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#13 FoxKat, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  2. nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    Nonnasmyladie
    Try buying a charger with different voltage too much voltage or too little cab cause this

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

3. purpfiction

purpfiction New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will test my stock charger with my IMP1000 tomorrow and see how that affects it.

4. NeoPhoenixTE

NeoPhoenixTE Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I was wondering why my phone always seemed to be a pain to pattern unlock while plugged in to my charger at home and in the car when full.

Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully they can find a fix sometime in the future....unless it cannot be fixed by software. :p

5. NickVTPre

NickVTPre New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've found a battery pull sometimes cures this issue with my OG droid. Not much of a help for the non-removable battery on the D4.

6. Kas84

Kas84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same issue as well. Like when I go to type in my pin it enters in more numbers than I actually press.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

7. jigawatt

jigawatt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine does this all the time, even with the supplied wall wart and usb cable. It does this off of any power source from usb.

8. technique

technique Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here, mine does it about 75% of the time. I have not figured out why it does it some times and not other times. But it definitely does it most of the time. I hate having to unplug my charger just to unlock my phone, then plug it back in.

9. govegg

govegg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, guys. Was noticing on my Droid 4 that sometimes the touch screen is wildly inaccurate, and I was freaking that it was going to break on me. Then I suspected it was only when it was charging. Sure enough, as soon as I unplugged, all was well. But I'm glad to hear that my new phone isn't bad. And I should NEVER try to play Draw Something when charging. ;)

10. aubreymiskell

aubreymiskell New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had 2 previous Droid 2 phones that did this and it did not matter. I tried everything but still no use. When I took the last Droid 2 back to Verizon because it was only 6 months old the guy at the store said he he has was familiar with the problem and the new Droid 4 had no problems like this reported. I have now had my Droid 4 for about 3 months and I travel quite a lot. This afternoon when I got back to the Hotel, I pulled out my charger, plugged it into the plug on the desk lamp, and started trying to check mail when the thing started acting possessed just like the previous Droid 2's. I held my madness in check and came here again on the off-chance that someone would have an answer to what I was doing wrong.
    Well FoxKat, your post about dirty power turned on a light bulb. I unplugged from the charger and it worked. Plugged it back in...Possessed!! I plugged it into my USB port on my laptop knowing they better have better filtering built-in, and TaDa!! That was it!!!
    So, long story short, Dude, You Rock!:hail: Now I can get back to work under the cone of silence!:rating10::pint::greendroid:

11. SylenThunder

SylenThunder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I noticed a similar problem with mine. When plugged into the charger, my phone would act like I was pushing things on the screen at the moment of contact, then it would become almost completely non-responsive.

Turned out that I had plugged the cable into the wart for a MP3 player, and not the wart that came with the phone.
    The MP3 player wart puts out 1000mA where the stock charger is only rated at 850mA. Not sure if that makes a difference, or if it's just the cheap quality of the wart for the player. Not using that jack for my phone any more, but all my old blackberry warts seem to work just fine.

Sent from my rooted DROID4 using Droid Forums App

12. Necrobater

Necrobater New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    interestingly enoug my girls has the droidx and I have the lg ally. When using a cheap charger from ebay, it is really dependant on the outlet we use. The outlets upstairs are old knob and tube without ground and apparently the cheap chargers dont have much filtering because either the touchscreen doesnt work at all or its like a ghost is messing with it ( it will call people and text people if not loicked). If we use a good quality charger from the manufacturer, no issues on any outlet! just though that was interesting to point out cause its weird as hell!

Search tags for this page
android touch screen not working when charging
android touch screen not working while charging
droid 4 touch screen problems
droid bionic touch screen problems
iphone acts weird when charging
iphone acts weird while charging
phone acts weird when charging

phone acts weird when charging droid

touch screen acts weird when charging

touch screen not working when charging